Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you Atheist guys make fun of religion then ducks a debate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... Atheists are "religious" as well... but they aren't "Theists"...

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
      Switch your position? From what? What is your position? Your argument is a passive one. Your perfectly content to sit back and try to pick apart my position, without actually presenting one of your own.

Let's cut through the bullsh it. How do you think we got here?
      Are you asking pre big bang or post big bang?
      If you're asking pre big bang the answer is i don't know.
      And there is nothing wrong with saying I don't know.
      We don't have to make up something just to take a position

But if I did claim I knew I would have proof.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
        Are you asking pre big bang or post big bang?
        If you're asking pre big bang the answer is i don't know.
        And there is nothing wrong with saying I don't know.
        We don't have to make up something just to take a position

But if I did claim I knew I would have proof.
        Give me something. Give me an educated guess. You're basically trashing me for taking a guess, yet you refuse to do the same. Take a guess, then we can debate which guess seems more plausible.

Going back to your test analogy, you're the kid with the blank paper laughing at the kid who at least took a guess

Comment

Give me something. Give me an educated guess. You're basically trashing me for taking a guess, yet you refuse to do the same. Take a guess, then we can debate which guess seems more plausible.

Going back to your test analogy, you're the kid with the blank paper laughing at the kid who at least took a guess

I don't have to take a guess. We research and let the facts speak for themselves. Right now pre big bang there isn't any concrete theories. What there are is a lot of hypothesis but nothing concrete. But if looking for one of those hypothesis is so important to you here is one.

Comment

I don't have to take a guess. We research and let the facts speak for themselves. Right now pre big bang there isn't any concrete theories. What there are is a lot of hypothesis but nothing concrete. But if looking for one of those hypothesis is so important to you here is one.
            I'm not watching that. I'm not debating him. If you want to watch and outline his points, then feel free. I haven't posted a bunch of videos from other people. I'm giving you my thoughts and ideas.

I have to wonder how you guys can just be content with a big ass question mark in the beginning of your theory?

Comment

I'm not watching that. I'm not debating him. If you want to watch and outline his points, then feel free. I haven't posted a bunch of videos from other people. I'm giving you my thoughts and ideas.

I have to wonder how you guys can just be content with a big ass question mark in the beginning of your theory?
              We're not content. We want to know just as much as you.
              We just ask for facts. We don't simply just have faith.
              We don't believe having faith is a virtue.

Comment

We're not content. We want to know just as much as you.
                We just ask for facts. We don't simply just have faith.
                We don't believe having faith is a virtue.
                But with a big gaping hole at the beginning of the theory, aren't you guys having faith that the rest of the theory is true?

Just like was pointed out earlier in the thread, science makes advanced and rejects previously accepted theories all the time. Taking this into account, doesn't this demonstrate that atheists have "faith " in currently accepted theories? Scientists believed the earth was flat. Scientists believed the universe was geocentric. They had faith in these ideas until proven otherwise

Comment

But with a big gaping hole at the beginning of the theory, aren't you guys having faith that the rest of the theory is true?

Just like was pointed out earlier in the thread, science makes advanced and rejects previously accepted theories all the time. Taking this into account, doesn't this demonstrate that atheists have "faith " in currently accepted theories? Scientists believed the earth was flat. Scientists believed the universe was geocentric. They had faith in these ideas until proven otherwise

We aren't having faith that the rest of the theory is true. We have evidence, measurable and visual evidence of the events that unfolded after the big bang.
                  We don't know what happened before that, this is true. But we're still looking for those answers. Research is still being done. Until then we have to say we don't know. Not that we're content with it.

Comment

We aren't having faith that the rest of the theory is true. We have evidence, measurable and visual evidence of the events that unfolded after the big bang.
                    We don't know what happened before that, this is true. But we're still looking for those answers. Research is still being done. Until then we have to say we don't know. Not that we're content with it.
                    So at the end of the day, your argument is "I don't know, but youre wrong"

And how did bats and cats get here? You commented to someone saying that evolution wasn't about bats and cats turning into bears. How did they get here?
                    Last edited by GGG Gloveking; 10-19-2017, 08:14 AM.

Comment

So at the end of the day, your argument is "I don't know, but youre wrong"

And how did bats and cats get here? You commented to someone saying that evolution wasn't about bats and cats turning into bears. How did they get here?
                      Bats and cats as are present today came about through evolution by the process of natural selection.

And no my argument isn't I don't know but you're wrong. It's I don't know because there is no proof and in order to prove that you're correct you should provide proof.

This is like the 3rd time I've explained this.
                      Last edited by JJRod; 10-19-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X