Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia: I Wouldn't Sign With Golden Boy to Get Cotto Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    I don't understand why these fighters would assume that a company would offer up a blue chip fighter without options? Why would GBP spend all this money on Garcia without no hopes of future returns?
    Why isn't it enough for the promoters to make money now, on one fight?

Why must they always be greedy and own a fighter's future as well?

Comment

I can't wait for Garcia VS (INSERT NAME)

Comment

lol at people trying to put this on Garcia.
        People really didnt want to see him move up two/three weightclasses and decapitate Cotto.

Comment

Smart move by mickey but tweeting it is a ***** move imo. Why put the business out there

Comment

I'm usually always pro boxer but in this case it's a two way street. Mikey Garcia can't honestly expect a company to pay him 2 million dollars for one fight and not expect to have options on him. That's not realistic.

Mikey could have played this beautifully. You fight Cotto for 2 million plus it could have been his Pay Per View debut then parlayed that into 7 figure pay days by fighting Linares and Lucas. Instead he wanted it to be his way or no way, and with a chance like this he went another direction.

Golden Boy Promotions and Mikey Garcia need each other but now things just got even more complicated. It will be very interesting to see how Linares vs Garcia negotiations go. That fight looks like it's going down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
              Smart move by mickey but tweeting it is a ***** move imo. Why put the business out there
              Because people say he has a big mouth and is all talk. Its the other way around. People were actually saying this fight with Cotto was "all talk". This is a Garcia cherrypick which is why GB wont give it to him without caveats. Zero confidence from GB.

Comment

Good for MG!
                And as far as the tweets! I am not mad at mickey!
                Tell it like it is

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
                  I can't wait for Garcia VS (INSERT NAME)
                  If you mean a major PBC name, probably 3-6 years.
                  His closest rival is Easter, and his bro Robert says it's a waste of time and money.
                  Can't even think of a name that would give him a PBC sponsored fight.
                  Maybe Porter, if that's as big a name as Cotto.

Comment

I can see why Mikey wouldn't want to sign with GBP considering he was frozen out by TR because they kept trying to extend his contract. Mikey should go to 147, that's the smallest big money division.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Why isn't it enough for the promoters to make money now, on one fight?

Why must they always be greedy and own a fighter's future as well?
                      You Haymon fanatics act as if PBC fighters are doing well.
                      They're signed with Haymon possibly for the rest of their careers, yet look at them fighting once/year.
                      Is that what you want for Mikey?

Comment

Working...
                      X