Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lukaku is just a menace. He misses loads of absolute sitters and still scores. You'd genuinely expect him to score every game and he will more often than not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
      Lukaku is just a menace. He misses loads of absolute sitters and still scores. You'd genuinely expect him to score every game and he will more often than not.

He's one of those players that makes you think football is easy. He can play like a drain and then score 2. Always part of the game. It does look like he's morphing into Drogba finally. He seems to just have that knack. In the past he was more Jermaine Defoe than Drogba and was an off the shoulder type, now he's just a proper heavyweight.

I do have a £50 bet on him hitting 25 league goals this season with a mate. I wish I just put that on in a bookies now. He'll get about 30 imo.

His success reminds me about how Fernando Torres made being striker look like neurosurgery, ffs. Lukaku is pretty much in line with the penalty spot the whole match long.

I can't fault Morata but obviously Mourninho dropped several bollocks for us. If we had the ginger prince and Lukaku - the league would be a write off wouldn't it? We'd be rinsing everyone week in, week out. Though at the time I didn't have a problem with either going. They both sort of bottled it. But Chelsea if they just were a little less hard-edged would have benefitted hugely.

Comment

• Wenger brought on a young lad for literally 4 seconds at the end of that game.

What a weirdo.

Comment

• There looks to be some quality strikers in the Premier League this season. Lacazette, Aguero, Jesus, Morata, Lukaku, Kane etc. You would expect all them to get at the very least 15-20 league goals.

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
            There looks to be some quality strikers in the Premier League this season. Lacazette, Aguero, Jesus, Morata, Lukaku, Kane etc. You would expect all them to get at the very least 15-20 league goals.
            The return of the classic centre forward

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              Lukaku and Morata are both banging them in the moment, fair play to em.

Watched Napoli a couple of times so far this season, what a team. One for yer da to watch and moan about them '****ing around at the back with the ball'.
              Honestly reckon Napoli are gonna give your lot absolute hell over both games in the group stages. I would not be surprised to them win one of the two games

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              And Lukaku will win us the league

Jose is winding back the clock. They said he was washed up, old, outdated but like Bernard Hopkins in 2011 V Pascal, Jose pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

This is our year

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                ...and the end of the CAM? Wenger dropped Ozil last night, most teams have reverted to deeper lying/wide playmakers.

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                Honestly reckon Napoli are gonna give your lot absolute hell over both games in the group stages. I would not be surprised to them win one of the two games
                They are class, they probably will cause us problems. It'll be a shootout either way. Never seen a team beat the press in such a calm way, Sarri will get an elite job soon.

Comment

...and the end of the CAM? Wenger dropped Ozil last night, most teams have reverted to deeper lying/wide playmakers.

They are class, they probably will cause us problems. It'll be a shootout either way. Never seen a team beat the press in such a calm way, Sarri will get an elite job soon.
                  I suppose so. 15 years or so ago classic no10 would be someone like Zola who was essentially a second striker, or Bergkamp. Then they became non-prolific scoring classic forward midfielders, players like Deco, or Ozil, I'd still class David Silva as a classic no 10, alongside Mata.

It would be nice to see someone do that proper second striker thing again. City have Aguero who can do that but I suppose he'd still be more of a 9 and a half as is Jesus I suppose.

I think Hazard could do it well but I think he likes driving in from the left. But surely if you can get a player like that facing the goal directly their going to score and create more goals.

Big man, little man basically. I think Chelsea could do it against someone like City. You're going to have most of the ball anyway so the threat needs to be ever-present going back the other way.

Comment

• Mendy's done his ligaments apparently.

Probably the only position we don't have cover for as well.

Comment

Mendy's done his ligaments apparently.

Probably the only position we don't have cover for as well.
                      What's your early thoughts on Danilo?

Comment

Working...
                      X