• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    What year was that study?

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2014/03/2...by-income.html

Comment

• But the fact is that even when family income levels are similar, we are still comparing black and white students who are as different as apples and oranges in terms of educational sophistication, family educational heritage, family wealth, and access to educational tools and resources. The average white family in the same income group is far better equipped than the average black family to prepare their children for success on the SAT test.
      Xoo, what makes those Whites better equipped?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLennox View Post
        (Ah...See, dude? Told you this was coming. Key to debates is to always be a few steps ahead or even days ahead.)

"It's funny that you should mention education/intelligence because, having been a teacher, I've done quite a bit of researching as to it. Additionally, being on here, I've done my share of researching as to intelligence/"races" as well. Let me see how I can provide a summary:

Essentially, our tools for "measuring intelligence" don't actually do so. There's no way of accurately measuring anyone's overall intelligence:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...y-8425911.html

https://futurism.com/intelligence-ch...know-part-one/
        Yeah I expected this. Intelligence can't be measured. Anyone who actually believes this is an idiot not even worth talking to but hey other people are reading so I'll post for their benefit.

For example, someone out in the country (country lifestyle) could be illiterate, but put them out in the "swamp" with me, and who comes back out alive? Writing poetry won't save me from an alligator. Does that mean I'm dumb? Or take Floyd Mayweather, who sometimes has trouble speaking/reading. Is he dumb? What happens if you put him in the ring versus most of the world? He'd outsmart them every time. He knows what to do, what not to do, and when to do or not. That's intelligence. People simply develop their intelligence in varied areas, but there is no actual "difference" in intelligence levels.
        You've already said this and as I said before, the ability to play a sport well is not really a sign of intelligence. It's just a sign someone can play a sport well. Acquiring a skill also isn't really a good measure of intelligence unless only "smart" people can acquire it.

Moreover, we can never disregard the effects of socioeconomic racism, either.

Do you honestly believe socioeconomic factors have ever been equal for a Black person in America?

https://www.theatlantic.com/business...adults/384613/

"The explanations for this phenomenon are varied, but largely hinge on many of the criticisms that already exist in regard to socioeconomics and race in the U.S. Economists cite lower educational attainment, higher rates of single-parent households,
        Right. White people are to blame because for higher rates of black single parent households.

and geographic segregation as potential explanations for these trends. The latter determines not only what neighborhoods people live in, but often what types of schools children attend, which could play a role in hindering their educational and professional attainment later on. According to Reeves, "In terms of opportunity, there are still two Americas, divided by race."

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/da...te-and-unequal

"More than 2 million black students attend schools where 90 percent of the student body is made up of minority students.
        Yeah, that is a disadvantage. Most schools that are heavily black are hellholes that are would be hard for anyone to teach or learn in.

Dozens of school districts have current desegregation orders. Minority students represent 57 percent of the population in “dropout factories” — schools where the senior class has 60 percent or fewer students who entered as freshmen — but only 30 percent of the population in all schools.

On average, schools serving more minority populations have less-experienced, lower-paid teachers who are less likely to be certified.

Most teachers given a choice don't want to work in schools that have lots of blacks in them.

A report from the Center for American Progress found that a 10 percentage point increase in students of color at a school is associated with a decrease in per-pupil spending of $75.
        DC schools are among the highest funded per student and the least successful.

Disparities in course offerings mean students of color have fewer opportunities to challenge themselves with more difficult courses — the type of courses needed to prepare for a four-year college degree or for a high-paying career in STEM."
        Right. This is what blacks need. Harder courses.

In other words, unless the wealthiest of Black families are moving in with the Kardashians over at Calabasas, their children will still receive a lower-quality education. It has nothing to do with genetics, and all to do with discrimination. Heck, in our America, even the one lucky kid who does move to Calabasas will likely face discrimination in some form or another. Racism is a prevalent, unfortunate reality that has been substantiated by studies countless times, as I'm sure you're aware of."
        The major factor of what is and isn't a good school is the students that go to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
          Lol but that is Jim Raynor's pic? Are they one in the same?

This little Mexican food truck near me makes the best Tres Leches Ive ever had.
          I tried inviting JimRaynor to Enayze's birthday party, but he signed off just as Enayze signed on, unfortunately.

Refusing to be deterred, however, I made sure Raynor was there in spirit for Enayze. It was a great celebration, with Frank Ocean music and everything.

Tres Leches has to be amongst the best cakes I've ever had. I love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Xoo, what makes those Whites better equipped?
            Whites make better parents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post
              Yeah I expected this. Intelligence can't be measured. Anyone who actually believes this is an idiot not even worth talking to but hey other people are reading so I'll post for their benefit.

You've already said this and as I said before, the ability to play a sport well is not really a sign of intelligence. It's just a sign someone can play a sport well. Acquiring a skill also isn't really a good measure of intelligence unless only "smart" people can acquire it.

Right. White people are to blame because for higher rates of black single parent households.

Yeah, that is a disadvantage. Most schools that are heavily black are hellholes that are would be hard for anyone to teach or learn in.

Most teachers given a choice don't want to work in schools that have lots of blacks in them.

The major factor of what is and isn't a good school is the students that go to it.
              Well, it appears you're conceding the debate to me, here, because, in relying on insults and controversial opinions, nothing you're stating refutes the actual evidence I've provided.

I, of course, still disagree with everything you've said, but there's nothing there that's even an actual, substantiated refuting of my post.

Evidence always beats opinion. It's like rock-paper-scissors, lol.
              Last edited by TheLennox; 03-29-2017, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Whites make better parents.
                Because their parents-parents, etc never faced oppression and barriers.

Comment

I tried inviting JimRaynor to Enayze's birthday party, but he signed off just as Enayze signed on, unfortunately.

Refusing to be deterred, however, I made sure Raynor was there in spirit for Enayze. It was a great celebration, with Frank Ocean music and everything.

I never had that cake. I am gonna see if I can find it here. There are a few cake shops in the town I live in.

Comment

Federal government and it's mass incarceration push resulted in single parents household. We know which race dominated the federal government at that time.

Comment

Xoo, if you have Netflix, watch the documentary called 13TH

Comment

Working...
                      X