Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone see hands of stone recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
      I saw "Hands of Stone" yesterday, and at the risk of being brutally frank, I'll suffice it to say the film was a feeble attempt to capture the essence of the beast that was Roberto Duran...
      Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
      anyone see hands of stone recently?
      As mentioned above, I saw the film recently enough (8/27/16), but more importantly, it sucked! In addition, I want to share a couple of observations: a) When I saw it, there were only 4 other people in the theater auditorium (probably due to the preponderance of negative reviews) and b) it has been pulled from the only 2 theaters that showed it in San Francisco, after only one week!

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
        As mentioned above, I saw the film recently enough (8/27/16), but more importantly, it sucked! In addition, I want to share a couple of observations: a) When I saw it, there were only 4 other people in the theater auditorium (probably due to the preponderance of negative reviews) and b) it has been pulled from the only 2 theaters that showed it in San Francisco, after only one week!
        thats terrible

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
          thats terrible
          Indeed it is... It's one of the worst films ever made, which just happens to be about one of the greatest boxers who ever fought...

Comment

Wow, too bad. The same thing happened when that awful Jem movie came out. Pulled after two weeks and like Hands of Stone, didn't do the source material any justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Wow, too bad. The same thing happened when that awful Jem movie came out. Pulled after two weeks and like Hands of Stone, didn't do the source material any justice.
              What "Jem movie?" Could you elaborate? Who's it about, who's in it, etc.

Thanks.

Comment

Based on the '80s cartoon Jem and the Holograms. It's about a girl who starts a band with her family and they become pop rock stars. Older fans hated it because it was nothing like the original show and younger fans hated it because it was bland and made no sense.

Comment

Working...
                X