Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistically Speaking, How Much Does an Average Brit or European Make a Week?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    You sure? http://www.thesalarycalculator.co.uk/salary.php

Almost 90% of those involved in BIG finance have stated (analysts, CEOs etc) have said leaving the EU will impact the UK negatively.

The EU has introduced a good deal of legislation that is very good for the typical workers in terms of their rights. It is also hamstringing certain industries in other ways. I detest how in politics they use these fear-mongering tactics by using keywords to allure the layman to their way of thinking but not critically explaining WHY their statement is supposed to be fact.

The UK will be free to make their own trade deals, which is good but we have two years to make these deals happen (we'll be separate from the EU after this), certain deals i.e. a trade deal with Canada took 7 years. Sure immigration does need to be handled better, it has come leaps and bounds from what it once was under Labour but people fail to understand that immigrants put way more into the economy than what they take out. The UK economy would suffer without immigrants.

I think reform does need to take place but an EU exit MAY be too much of a step in the wrong direction. If this is a tight win for Remain, I do believe the powers at be will make change happen. People actually coming out to vote for change is real and not empty rhetoric for once.
    problem is the EU is flooding its member states with low-skilled and uneducated migrants who will rape the social welfare system and give zero in return, it isn't the good kind of immigration.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        I don't know how accurate those figures are, mind providing a source?

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
          I don't know how accurate those figures are, mind providing a source?
          Well I found while at work, so I havent got the link, but I am quite sure it is OECD. That was what I googled IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Well I found while at work, so I havent got the link, but I am quite sure it is OECD. That was what I googled IIRC.
            This link provides rather different numbers. I am surprised Ireland is as high as it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_average_wage

The highest average monthly wage belongs to the USA at $4500, but according to the OECD three countries have a higher disposable income than us, the Irish, Swiss, and folks from Luxembourg(which is more like a city than a country)
            Last edited by Enayze; 06-24-2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X