Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto/Canelo and Mayweather/TBA(not pac) fight on the same night..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
    UFC and boxing have different audiences. The only time it happened in boxing was Tarver-Hopkins HBO PPV going up against an independent Top Rank PPV of Cotto-Malignaggi. Nothing on the scale of what you're talking about in this thread.
    It can be debated that those two seperate cards meaning mayweather/tba and canelo/Cotto have different audiences. Like I said, showtime was never in a position to go up against hbo in a big PPV card but just because they haven't done it yet, doesn't mean they won't do it. Let's see how it plays out and see if someone backs out or they do go head to head in which I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
      ok, enjoy your internet drama herp derp

the same reason why Canelo v Lopez was off PPV.
      yeah they're like 'GIMME FACTS OR UR LYING"

even though this is common knowledge.

Comment

Danny Garcia should fight Lamont Peterson or Mauricio Herrera in December or January and if he looks good or gets a KO in the fight, I think you could put him as the front-runner to fight Mayweather on Cinco de Mayo.

Amir Khan needs to get a fight in as well but should face someone like Robert Guerrero, Keith Thurman or Devon Alexander if he's trying to be the front-runner for the Mayweather fight.

Otherwise take an easier tune-up fight and go fight Kell Brook then set up a mega showdown with Mayweather in September if everything goes according to plan.

Comment

Im not a casual fan. Cotto vs Canelo ftw. i could care less what floyd recycles...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            thats not the point, the point is canelo can make more in may than any other date now if floyd wants to compete on the date then it will hurt sho more than hbo and i dont think sho wants that...
            so is more of a problem for sho than hbo...

canelo cant make more in may than any other date if he is going head too head with another ppv. which part of that don't you understand?

these networks want too maximize profits. not make a little profit and hope the other network loses money.

canelo/cotto will not go head too head with mayweather/tba. they both will have their own dates
            Last edited by bluebeam; 10-08-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

We'll see what happens.What im saying is Mayweather/TBA (not named Pacquiao) does not out sale Canelo/Cotto.

Canelo is gonna push hard to fight on Cinco de Mayo and i don't see him backing off. For everyone saying he'll fight in June in NY, thats not happenin there is no Mexican fanbase there, just as there is a big PR fan base in California, the compromise is Vegas.

Comment

Working...
              X