No announcement yet.

Nice Shoes, Douchebag.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Shoes, Douchebag.

I first encountered FiveFingers at the gym. There’s this one douchey guy that likes to stomp around, carries a gallon of water, letting everyone know how intense his workout is. He’s always doing laps around the place carrying 45 pound weights and sliding machines together to form weird, hybrid machines that better serve his extreme workout purposes. It’s as if he’s constantly trying to escape the confines of the gym. So it made perfect sense for him to own these bizarre feet-shaped athletic shoes. For he is a joke. A caricature.

But a strange thing has happened of late. The feet shoes are spreading. I was at the gym recently and counted no fewer than a dozen people wearing some manner of FiveFingers, each one looking more ridiculous than the next. What’s wrong with a pair of Nike Airs? The Adidas Adizeros feel like you’re walking on air. Ever slipped on a new pair of Asics? It’s ****ing great; like sliding your dick into a plate of lukewarm mashed potatoes. What is so terrible about the thousands of conventional athletic shoe options available that people feel the need to get this drastic?

Vibram’s claim is that the “revolutionary design makes feet healthier by allowing them to move more naturally and freely.” Really? Healthy feet? Is foot health like a major issue bubbling under the surface? Are podiatrists overwhelmed by the number of people rushing their offices because they haven’t yet discovered the FiveFingers revolution? This can’t really be real can it?

To make matters worse, the “shoes” have managed to escape the confines of the gym and are now hitting the streets. I saw a guy walking around Horton Plaza rocking a trilby, a Baby Bjorn and a pair of these bad boys. All I could think of was “poor kid; daddy’s a ****.” These things are a scourge and it’s time that we rise up together and say “No!”
    Last edited by KING MEAT; 07-12-2011, 04:24 PM.

asics gels>>>>>>Vibram Fivefingers>>>>>>>>>>>>all the rest

Comment

they are the ultimate douche shoes down here, that's for sure...

seriously. especially if they're not being worn during a workout, even then, they're borderline.

Comment

all about a good ole pair of them cheap ass rubber plim-soles, **** made me feel like a ninja............

Comment

So if shoes are better overall for walking or doing anything, they're still douchebag shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            So if shoes are better overall for walking or doing anything, they're still douchebag shoes?
            no, its more the people who wear them that give um that rep, at least where I live,

same thing as chucks anyway, but waaaay more expensive

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT View Post
              I first encountered FiveFingers at the gym. There’s this one douchey guy that likes to stomp around, carries a gallon of water, letting everyone know how intense his workout is. He’s always doing laps around the place carrying 45 pound weights and sliding machines together to form weird, hybrid machines that better serve his extreme workout purposes. It’s as if he’s constantly trying to escape the confines of the gym. So it made perfect sense for him to own these bizarre feet-shaped athletic shoes. For he is a joke. A caricature.

But a strange thing has happened of late. The feet shoes are spreading. I was at the gym recently and counted no fewer than a dozen people wearing some manner of FiveFingers, each one looking more ridiculous than the next. What’s wrong with a pair of Nike Airs? The Adidas Adizeros feel like you’re walking on air. Ever slipped on a new pair of Asics? It’s ****ing great; like sliding your dick into a plate of lukewarm mashed potatoes. What is so terrible about the thousands of conventional athletic shoe options available that people feel the need to get this drastic?

Vibram’s claim is that the “revolutionary design makes feet healthier by allowing them to move more naturally and freely.” Really? Healthy feet? Is foot health like a major issue bubbling under the surface? Are podiatrists overwhelmed by the number of people rushing their offices because they haven’t yet discovered the FiveFingers revolution? This can’t really be real can it?

To make matters worse, the “shoes” have managed to escape the confines of the gym and are now hitting the streets. I saw a guy walking around Horton Plaza rocking a trilby, a Baby Bjorn and a pair of these bad boys. All I could think of was “poor kid; daddy’s a ****.” These things are a scourge and it’s time that we rise up together and say “No!”
              First of all why do you have to call someone a Douchebag because he is wearing shoes that he loves? Would you like it if someone called a Douchebag for wearing asics or nikes? Who made you the clothing police?
              As a proud owner of 19 pairs of VFF I can tell you that these shoes do help you to make your feet stronger. Ever since I started wearing them, my runs have gotten faster and longer. And yes I proudly wear my VFF everywhere other than the gym.
              Photobucket
              Photobucket
              Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
                First of all why do you have to call someone a Douchebag because he is wearing shoes that he loves? Would you like it if someone called a Douchebag for wearing asics or nikes? Who made you the clothing police?
                As a proud owner of 19 pairs of VFF I can tell you that these shoes do help you to make your feet stronger. Ever since I started wearing them, my runs have gotten faster and longer. And yes I proudly wear my VFF everywhere other than the gym.
                Photobucket
                Photobucket
                Photobucket
                those are nice shoes, man

Comment

Thank you OP for taking the time to type that up. I agree with you pretty much completely. I first saw a dude wearing these in Aruba and said oh ****, theres the new fad. sure enough, here we are.

For me, Vans all day every day.

Slip-ons preferably.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X