No announcement yet.

NJ cops bust man for drunk driving — on e-scooter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ cops bust man for drunk driving — on e-scooter

These things can only go up to 16 MPH, you can ride a bicycle faster than that. Is that next...DWI on a bicycle? Seems more like a money grab than an effort to save lives.

An “unsteady and staggering” man was busted for drunkenly riding an electric scooter around Hoboken — the second scooter-related DWI in the city since rolling out a sharing service in the spring, cops said.

Nicholas Cutrone, 26, was arrested just after 4 p.m. Sunday when officers said they watched the clearly intoxicated man unlock the e-scooter and ride away.

Detective Sergeant Jonathan Mecka said Cutrone “was driving unsteady as he swayed back and forth appearing as if he was going to lose control at any moment.”

Cutrone was then cuffed by cops after he failed a sobriety test, according to police.

Hoboken green-lit a pilot program back in March for the Lime e-scooters, which can reach speeds up to 16 mph.

Local cops say this isn’t their first drunken scooter citation.

In August, a 45-year-old man became the first after wiping out on Hudson Street, cops said.

Jeffrey English suffered multiple fractures to his face and mouth when he crashed between two parked cars just after 11 p.m. on Aug. 14, according to police.

English “admitted to drinking a substantial amount of alcohol” before hopping on the scooter, cops said.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/09/nj-cop...-on-e-scooter/

My ex's brother got a DUI while on a bike lol.
    Last edited by man down; 10-09-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

4pm on a Sunday!?
      I'm convinced it was Beercules

Comment

The country singer George Jones got one while driving a riding lawnmower.

Comment

you can get a DUI on anything. These laws are out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
            you can get a DUI on anything. These laws are out of hand.
            DUI - Deeds Under Influence.

Comment

They can go up to 61 miles per hour actually, the latest one I saw hits that speed..which is fking nuts. Mine taps out at 19mph and if I hit the pavement at that speed I would be totally fkd up, can’t imagine at three times that speed. I hit one pot hole after coming down a hill and did an entire dance routine with my feet and legs to not end up falling..was impressed with my agility but not going to front my nuts got tight and my heart was damn near out my mouth for a good thirty minutes after.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
                4pm on a Sunday!?
                I'm convinced it was Beercules
                ****ing might as well be

Comment

Damn, I didn’t even think about that. A few months ago me and some friends were in downtown Indianapolis and those are big there. We got drunk as hell and rode them all over the city about 2 in the morning and passed multiple cops. Guess we got lucky lol

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    ****ing might as well be
                    Fućkin hell Hoboken on a Saturday night smells like piss and vomit. Have seen more than a few times someone pukin their heart out.

Comment

Working...
                    X