No announcement yet.

Name these boxers top 5 wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    How did i guess that lomachenko and golovkin would be 2 of the 5.
    Lol at putting current fighters resume in there with someone like Leonard and Hagler... even Hopkins.

Meanwhile GGG beat the best out there twice in his division and got robbed. Loma literally won a title in his 3rd fight and has completely dominated his competition.

Should have put Greg Haugen in there too buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      Lol at putting current fighters resume in there with someone like Leonard and Hagler... even Hopkins.

Meanwhile GGG beat the best out there twice in his division and got robbed. Loma literally won a title in his 3rd fight and has completely dominated his competition.

Should have put Greg Haugen in there too buddy.
      Yeah and out of fighters named, loma has the best cv by far for the number of fights hes had. The thread starter should have named the thread 'i hate ggg and loma and want to prove they suck'

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        GGG

Ray Leonard

Hagler

Hopkins

Loma
        I think the point is already well understood that the resume of Golovkin (and in fact nearly all other contemporary fighters) will never stack against the legends of the past - even more so given the rose tinted nostalgia spectacles we boxing fans tend to wear.

Lomachenko's is somewhat better, but still laking by comparison with Leonard and Hagler (it stacks up just fine qualitatively against BHops I think though, even though far shorter).

A better comparison would between 5 top active fighters - ideally with a roughly similar number of years in the pro sport. That way we ain't influenced by nostalgia bias, though we still have issues like exposure bias to take account of.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          I think the point is already well understood that the resume of Golovkin (and in fact nearly all other contemporary fighters) will never stack against the legends of the past - even more so given the rose tinted nostalgia spectacles we boxing fans tend to wear.

Lomachenko's is somewhat better, but still laking by comparison with Leonard and Hagler (it stacks up just fine qualitatively against BHops I think though, even though far shorter).

A better comparison would between 5 top active fighters - ideally with a roughly similar number of years in the pro sport. That way we ain't influenced by nostalgia bias, though we still have issues like exposure bias to take account of.
          Loma's resume doesnt come anywhere near Hopkins, especially when you factor his later run as lineal champ. come on man.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
            Yeah and out of fighters named, loma has the best cv by far for the number of fights hes had. The thread starter should have named the thread 'i hate ggg and loma and want to prove they suck'
            Awaiting a Larry thread where he asks who has the best resumes out of Ali, SR Robinson, Wilder, Duran and Tank Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
              Awaiting a Larry thread where he asks who has the best resumes out of Ali, SR Robinson, Wilder, Duran and Tank Davis.
              i think alot of it has to do with the fact that tank and wilder have nowhere near the level of delusional fans looking to racially charge up every thread or flat out overrate them at the aggressive rate that Loma/GGG fans do. Larry always does these troll esque threads but they pale in comparison to the **** these *******s do on a daily basis. i cant even remember these guys and their stupid aliases anymore but i get why he does it.

Comment

This is a veteran move...Checkmate for the GGG hypers...not fans but those cats who be hyping him and claiming he’s in the same conversation with the great MWs from the past just because he won a belt and defended it a bunch of times against mediocre opponents..Danny and Nelo are the only opponents worth mentioning and those were his toughest fights!

The mw division was dead when B Hop was King so most of his biggest wins came in a higher weight...GGG could’ve fought Ward but he curved that smoke and tried to get Chavez Jr...that’s when he got exposed...Nelo just gave him a L but he was been exposed

This thread will expose him even more lol

Comment

Dem whiteboyz gots to take gear just to match with a clean bruva.

BBC genetics = Natural sturoids!

Comment

Loma

Russel Jr (24-0)
                    Linares (44-3)
                    Rigondeaux (17-0)
                    Walters (26-0)
                    Pedraza (25-1)

Pretty good resume for 12 wins
                    Last edited by DuckAdonis; 03-18-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                      Loma's resume doesnt come anywhere near Hopkins, especially when you factor his later run as lineal champ. come on man.
                      Yeah.. probably Ima withdraw that statement. I started an essay to try to explain what I meant, but re-reading it it just stinks of rationalisation. Bernard has longevity on his side, but his record against the best guys in his division at the time he fought 'em ain't great TBH nor was the bulk of his competition, but in order to get into that I found myself pulling his resume apart which you can just as easily do to Lomachenko's (or any other fighters' TBH).

That ain't what I'm about so I'll just accept that I was wrong.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-18-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X