Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If SPENCE Loses, No One Will FIGHT Him at 147, Should He Move UP!? Fight LARA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell are you talking about? If Spence doesn't win tonight every fighter at 147 would call him out. If Spence slaughter Garcia a lot of fighters at 147 will continue to feel Spence isn't really someone they like to fight next.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      How old are you?
      Old enough to party and old enough to know how fans are.

How old are you? Since it’s relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
        What the hell are you talking about? If Spence doesn't win tonight every fighter at 147 would call him out. If Spence slaughter Garcia a lot of fighters at 147 will continue to feel Spence isn't really someone they like to fight next.
        Basically this.

It’ll be either still the Terminator or people will start mouthing off and others will get brave.

We’ve seen it time and time again. As soon as the big bad wolf is vulnerable, everyone gets brave. Unfortunately, Spence never solidified himself as THE top 47 guy so if he were to lose, the guys avoiding him will now have reason to properly avoid him and tell him to get wins, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          Old enough to party and old enough to know how fans are.

How old are you? Since it’s relevant.
          Old enough to know a loss fighting a great fighter doesn’t mean *****. I see where you’re coming from but the ability to overcome defeats is something I’m sure Spence has.

Comment

Old enough to know a loss fighting a great fighter doesn’t mean *****. I see where you’re coming from but the ability to overcome defeats is something I’m sure Spence has.
            You missed the point and went off the deep end in another direction. Not sure how but no harm done. Simple misunderstanding.

Had Spence lost, it’s not his *ability* to win that suffers. It’s his value and marketability as a p4p talent. Big difference.

Again, they’d have labeled him under “exposed” and it would take a LOT to get out of that label and that’s if he ever did. None of the men who ducked him would likely ever give him a shot at that point and he’d have had a ton of work ahead of him for people to get that out of their memory when he finally stepped up again.

Anyway, weight classes exist for a reason and this is why. Mikey isn’t a big guy with insane attributes like a Shane Mosley. Spence is too good to be outgunned and outsized against.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              You missed the point and went off the deep end in another direction. Not sure how but no harm done. Simple misunderstanding.

Had Spence lost, it’s not his *ability* to win that suffers. It’s his value and marketability as a p4p talent. Big difference.

Again, they’d have labeled him under “exposed” and it would take a LOT to get out of that label and that’s if he ever did. None of the men who ducked him would likely ever give him a shot at that point and he’d have had a ton of work ahead of him for people to get that out of their memory when he finally stepped up again.

Anyway, weight classes exist for a reason and this is why. Mikey isn’t a big guy with insane attributes like a Shane Mosley. Spence is too good to be outgunned and outsized against.
              Weight classes are very overrated. Same day weigh ins need to come back to the sport.

Comment

Weight classes are very overrated. Same day weigh ins need to come back to the sport.
                I’d definitely not be opposed to that.

We’d see 147 pounders fight actual 147 pounders.

Not watch a MW fight another MW at 147 like is the norm... or in this case, a light welter vs a light mw or mw.

But cant hate the player. Mikey wanted it. Respect for trying something everyone said was a ****** move. He woudd have either been a genius or eats his “I told you so” with pride.

Comment

Working...
                X