No announcement yet.

So in 4 years Leo Santa Cruz...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So in 4 years Leo Santa Cruz...

Has held the featherweight world title.....

and not fought a single legit FW who wasnt a smaller guy moving up in weight.

Mares just got merked by Jhonny Gonzalez. (he pointlessly rematches him again years later, for some reason?)

Fights a shot to hell Kiko Martinez

Fights Frampton in his first fight at FW. loses & needs a rematch to beat him and then refuses a third fight.

Then fights Chris Avalos after he has been knocked out several times in his first few fights at FW

Then has a fight lined up agaisnt Miguel flores...who has been knocked out twice in his last two fights.

this guy is a disgrace Santa_

The WBC has ordered Santa Cruz and Russel to fight next. GRJ fights once a year in the summer so I expect it to happen then.

Can't wait for this! It's gonna be a WAR.

Comment

Warrington also did a better job on frampton than santa cruz did but one appears on lower end of p4p lists whereas warringtons calles a domestic level fighter whos barely considered top 5 in his own division

Comment

Man I wish Gary was more active so we wouldn't have to wait till summer.

Comment

If he fights and beats GRJ, that would be a signature win.

Comment

Mares and Frampton are both good wins. Leo moved up to 126 also from lower weight classes.

Comment

Santa Cruz-Russell is an excellent fight. It's a shame it will come on the back of Russell accumulating more than a year of rust but that's just what he does unfortunately. I don't know who to pick in that one. I think Russell is the superior talent, has the edge in hand speed, skill and power but Santa Cruz probably wants it more and could potentially try to use range. He's been more active too. It's a good 50/50 fight IMO and the winner deserves a lot of credit.

Santa Cruz' competition is often very disappointing as is his insistence on at least one tune-up per year which with a two fight a year schedule seems pointless. I remember being so impressed with him from ringside when he beat Terrazas. He's given up some of the advantages he had in size and power by moving up but he's shown good skills often.

I think the first Mares fight was fine since it was a big fight locally and the Frampton fights were meaningful. The Mares re-match was fairly pointless and I didn't like his complaining of the fair defeat to Frampton, excuses that the crowd influenced the judges and then setting Frampton up saying if Frampton fought in Vegas and if he won they would do a rubber match in Ireland. That wasn't cool at all.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 02-17-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                If he fights and beats GRJ, that would be a signature win.
                There is no way he beats him. Easy work for Russell.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  Has held the featherweight world title.....

and not fought a single legit FW who wasnt a smaller guy moving up in weight.

Mares just got merked by Jhonny Gonzalez. (he pointlessly rematches him again years later, for some reason?)

Fights a shot to hell Kiko Martinez

Fights Frampton in his first fight at FW. loses & needs a rematch to beat him and then refuses a third fight.

Then fights Chris Avalos after he has been knocked out several times in his first few fights at FW

Then has a fight lined up agaisnt Miguel flores...who has been knocked out twice in his last two fights.

this guy is a disgrace Santa_
                  Sorry you dislike him so much. I think he is an excellent champion that boxing can be proud of. Frampton was an undefeated 122 pounder who had outgrown that weight and grown into a full featherweight. You are making a big deal of him fighting former 122 boxers when it isn't a big deal. It's just 4 pounds or about the weight of a big meal and a drink. There are many champions who have fought much weaker opposition than Santa Cruz. The guys he fought were all featherweights and none ever returned to 122.

Comment

Working...
                  X