No announcement yet.

So who did Joe Calzaghe duck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    No, kid. It's not a "joke", because that's NOT what I was saying.
    read what u r writing for once, thats exactly what i am calling YOU out about. Joe had a 10 year history of facing subeuro bums, yet u think hes ok to duck a new world class guy who is mando for the real titles he just won, for one day.

10 yrs vs 1 day!

and you know why he fought rybacki at late notice right...cos Joe ran off from the fight!
    if joe hadnt doen a runner he'd not have fought Rybacki,, so your "haha rybacki" is becos joe was being shyt, not froch. Your own case wrecked itself.
    Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-29-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
      read what u r writing for once, thats exactly what i am calling YOU out about. Joe had a 10 year history of facing subeuro bums, yet u think hes ok to duck a new world class guy who is mando for the real titles he just won, for one day.

10 yrs vs 1 day!

and you know why he fought rybacki at late notice right...cos Joe ran off from the fight!
      if joe hadnt doen a runner he'd not have fought Rybacki,, so your "haha rybacki" is becos joe was being shyt, not froch. Your own case wrecked itself.
      It's late over here, I can't be bothered to get into this now.

Me and my boy IronDanHamza were having a nice, respectful, sensible conversation. Then you plant yourself in the middle of it with all this "yu're sayen dat..." and "u dont no nuthen bout no boxen".

I've got no time for kindergarten debating, sorry.

Comment

It's late over here, I can't be bothered to get into this now.

Me and my boy IronDanHamza were having a nice, respectful, sensible conversation. Then you plant yourself in the middle of it with all this "yu're sayen dat..." and "u dont no nuthen bout no boxen".

I've got no time for kindergarten debating, sorry.
        only when ur point fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
          only when ur point fails.
          No, it really hasn't. You somehow think you've made a point, when that entire point rests on a foundation of you being an uncomprehending twat.

It's the way of NSB, with 90% of debates going as follows:

A. Misunderstand (wilfully or through stupidity) what the other person is saying.

B. Tell them they're "wrong" about something they haven't even said in the first place.

Like I said, I was having an ADULT conversation. Then you came along.

Comment

No, it really hasn't. You somehow think you've made a point, when that entire point rests on a foundation of you being an uncomprehending twat.

It's the way of NSB, with 90% of debates going as follows:

A. Misunderstand (wilfully or through stupidity) what the other person is saying.

B. Tell them they're "wrong" about something they haven't even said in the first place.

Like I said, I was having an ADULT conversation. Then you came along.
            ha rybacki, wat a fail and u wont even admit it, it must truly be dismal if u are trying to pretend you didnt say it.

A. have i misunderstood u said rybaki? NO. Because YOU DID.

B. Did you not mention Rybacki in the first place? YOU DID. Another lie from u.
            Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-29-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• This moron DreamFighter has autism, Anny.

And the title should be "Who ducked Joe Calzaghe?" It would be a long list. Could start it with Sven Ottke, Markus Beyer, prime Roy Jones Jr. and prime Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

But that was purely based on position picked up over a 23-0 record against nobodies. He was an unknown quantity in terms of what level he was at. Yes, he was RANKED in the world, but in terms of world class fighters he'd fought, who was there? No one. Until he beat Pascal/Taylor, there was no way of knowing he'd be able to hang in at that level.

Put it this way.... if Froch had fought Calzaghe in 2008 - at a time when 90% of Fat Yankistanians hadn't heard of him - what would people have said about the win?

Would it have been:

A. Good win, Joe, you beat a world-ranked contender;

or B. Who the **** was that guy anyways? I just looked at his freakin' record, and I don't know how he was ranked in the world as he'd fought NO ONE except eurotrash. Anyways, I could care less."

I can buy him taking on a completely shot Royston Jones as a glorified exhibition (which embarrassingly turned into a fight for his life for a couple of rounds*) just for the cash.... but nothing else. You might be right about how the bookies saw Moby, but I certain made a few £££ when I put my cash on Bore Hard.

ROUND ONE - That's where the drama starts!
                ROUND TWO - Fuck it, I'll just let you easily UD me after that, shall I? I'm shot to shit.
                Yeah I do agree with you on Froch to be fair. Fight didn't make sense at the time. I'd still have liked to have seen it though like when Froch fought Groves when he was his mandatory and didn't really need to at the time. But Hopkins P4P #3 and #1 LHW for a boat load of money on HBO PPV or Carl Froch? Easy choice.

Agreed on Pavlik too, but that's why Calzaghe should have taken it. Low risk high reward but Hopkins ended up getting it instead. Blunder from Joe who's career is quite dire already.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Agreed on Pavlik too, but that's why Calzaghe should have taken it. Low risk high reward but Hopkins ended up getting it instead. Blunder from Joe who's career is quite dire already.
                  Hopkins beating Pavlik and then going on to be relevant at the top for few more years made the Hopkins win for Calzaghe look far more legit than it did at first anyway so i'm not that sure Joe needed the Pavlik fight to make his legacy much greater. Most likely would have been seen in a similar light to the Lacy victory.

I do think Calzaghe has an average resume overall though, too many missed opportunities between 1999-2005.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bum squad View Post
                    Hopkins beating Pavlik and then going on to be relevant at the top for few more years made the Hopkins win for Calzaghe look far more legit than it did at first anyway so i'm not that sure Joe needed the Pavlik fight to make his legacy much greater. Most likely would have been seen in a similar light to the Lacy victory.

I do think Calzaghe has an average resume overall though, too many missed opportunities between 1999-2005.
                    Nah, Lacy is garbage. Zero wins over ranked opponents.

Pavlik atleast was the legit Lineal Champion at 160.

It would have easily been on of his top 5 wins. Easily.

I think saying Calzaghe's resume is average is an overstatement.

Comment

• Prime RJJ

He even admitted it

Comment

Working...
                      X