Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Scotland go independent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year I was reading an interview with one of the Scottish independence leaders and he said something like "There won't be an economic problem, we will just increase immigration from poor nations to replace the labor we lost".

LMAO why even bother then. Basically they would just turn Scotland into London Jr and become MORE like England. It sounds to me like your standard plotting oligarchs.
    Last edited by E. O. Wilson; 09-09-2014, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Scottish people prospered in all the British colonies and Scottish businessmen thrived as part of the British empire.
      Sadly it doesn't work like that. Many Scots harbour resentment, same goes for many of those in Wales.
      It doesn't work like that anywhere. You look at any time in history anyone colonized anyone else.

Even in extreme cases where you went into an equatorial country with a life expectancy of 30 and rampant cannibalism, dragged them out of the stone age and gave them electricity and literacy, just the fact that you made them feel inferior will create generations of homicidal hatred.

My strategy is never helping anyone with anything then I never get blamed for anything .
      Last edited by E. O. Wilson; 09-09-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by C U NextTuesday View Post
        What natural resources does Scotland have apart from North Sea oil which is ours too?.

Comment

When asked, Salmond never actually gives an alternate to using a Pound unless I missed it. They can't use the Euro immediately as they have to re-apply and will most likely be vetoed by Spain and if I'm not mistaken Belgium as both have strong separatist elements.

You can't be a true free country by using someone else's currency and have them set your interest rates. How is you financial services industry going to work?

Comment

Working...
          X