Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield 4 to Possibly Bring..........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Battlefield 4 to Possibly Bring..........

Battlefield 4 to Possibly Bring Keyboard and Mouse Support to PS4

With the introduction of the Battlefield franchise on next-generation consoles, Battlefield 4 looks to provide a greater depth of functionality than what Battlefield 3 brought to the Xbox 360 and PS3. In doing so, it appears that DICE is actually looking into the possibility of bringing support for the keyboard and mouse into the PS4 version of this title.

According to a report by AusGamers, DICE will at least consider bringing keyboard and mouse support to the PS4 version of Battlefield 4. “We have mouse and keyboard support for the PC obviously, but I can’t speak now specifically for next gen consoles. But if it makes sense in the Battlefield universe, for a Battlefield game, we’ll consider it.”

It is very well known throughout the PC gaming community that the keyboard and mouse layout provides much more precision when dealing with game genres such as first-person shooters. In gaining support for the keyboard and mouse on the PS4 version of Battlefield 4, this advantage has to be taken into consideration with providing such functionalities.

Do you think keyboard and mouse support for Battlefield 4 on the PS4 will create an unfair advantage against DualShock 4 users? Tell us in the comments section below.
    http://www.thegamersdrop.com/2013/07...upport-to-ps4/

R.I.P PS4 DualShock Users

Holy ****, PS4 WINS, PS4 WINS

I wanna suck the ps4 creators **** omfg i love sony sooooo much

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

Comment

Comment

Already been done with Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3, it didn't catch on. The vast majority of console gamers will still use controllers and an unlevel playing field isn't good for any game.

Comment

Has been done with other games too like Black Ops. It's crazy how much of an advantage you have with a mouse and keyboard, you can't go back to the sluggish control of an analog console controller after.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              Already been done with Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3, it didn't catch on. The vast majority of console gamers will still use controllers and an unlevel playing field isn't good for any game.
              Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              Has been done with other games too like Black Ops. It's crazy how much of an advantage you have with a mouse and keyboard, you can't go back to the sluggish control of an analog console controller after.
              Some will decide to use it others wont, I don't see the big problem.
              It will allow for the terrible sluggish controls you speak of to be a problem of the past, this is a good point for BF4 on the console If they can do it.
              I wont be touching a control pad when playing that game If its the option between mouse and keyboard vs analog controller.

Well I know one thing for sure on-top of this it looks like the PS4 is dominating this whole console battle, I can't forget what douchebag Microsoft wanted to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post

Some will decide to use it others wont, I don't see the big problem.
                It will allow for the terrible sluggish controls you speak of to be a problem of the past, this is a good point for BF4 on the console If they can do it.
                I wont be touching a control pad when playing that game If its the option between mouse and keyboard vs analog controller.

Well I know one thing for sure on-top of this it looks like the PS4 is dominating this whole console battle, I can't forget what douchebag Microsoft wanted to do.
                Its definitely winning in the PR side of things. Microsoft just announced that they have increased the clock speed of their GPU (a bit more powerful) but thats hardly got any media, if Sony did the same there would a thread everywhere about it. I may actually come back to console FPS gaming for this gen, I've been on the PC gaming bandwagon since 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  Its definitely winning in the PR side of things. Microsoft just announced that they have increased the clock speed of their GPU (a bit more powerful) but thats hardly got any media, if Sony did the same there would a thread everywhere about it. I may actually come back to console FPS gaming for this gen, I've been on the PC gaming bandwagon since 2005.
                  Increased clock speed = more heat which = more failures. They didn't choose a lower clock speed to begin with without a reason to.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Increased clock speed = more heat which = more failures. They didn't choose a lower clock speed to begin with without a reason to.
                    They must have tested it thoroughly to increase it because in the long term if the consoles burning out way quicker just a very trivial increase in GPU speed it really isn't worth it, since you invest that much in the console. We'll see though.

Comment

Working...
                    X