Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo really do better in the GGG rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Canelo really do better in the GGG rematch?

Seems like there is consensus that Nelo will do better in a rematch according to the boxing world (insiders and fans).

So let's go back where we left/the first fight:

Three important things that I noticed:

-Nelo was overall the better boxer (defense, speed, skills) and looked like the more experienced fighter at this stage (Vegas like superfights) wich naturally led him to win the first 2/3 rounds.

- Then GGG the better fighter (stronger, better stamina, fighting spirit, better tactician) took over the fight because he begun to dominate Nelo tactically, physically and mentally.

- In the late rounds, Canelo came back and was beating GGG BUT as usual BY SPOTS, and I disagree with Nelo being such a clear winner in those rounds. GGG still was doing his job.

I didn't like what I saw, I think Canelo was beaten mentally in that fight and came back by spot in the later rounds to steal the show.

So I don't know what Canelo figured out about GGG since he did well mainly in the beginning of the fight then faded.

Despite the age, GGG has a lot of skills and experience to gain at this level.

Canelo has to improve mentally and stop drowning everytimes he's in deep waters, fix his stamina issues.

So i'm not sure why Canelo will so obviously fix his stamina and "fighting back" issues for the GGG rematch since it has been a problem since the Mayweather fight.

Youw bro, wrong forum area. This ain't NSB.

Comment

He might punch GGG's balls like a speed bag and have the establishment on his side to declare it a KO. Might work in yankland and the UK since the media there just suck up to the promoters in order to keep their access.

It really all comes down to how hungry GGG is...if he was content with the first fight, he either gets old or it's a replay...if he wants to prove more, he does a bit better, enough to not get robbed.

Comment

Wrong section. The answer is no

Comment

Canelo was never a volume puncher.
          He needed to be in that first fight.
          He needed to be against Floyd.
          I dont believe he can become that suddenly now.
          Maybe he can win by tying up GGG and win an ugly fight, but thats not his game either.
          Maybe GGG will be older and throw less.

Comment

EPO is the only thing that would help Canelo do better.

Comment

Working...
            X