Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Scorecard Thread] Just re-watched "2 fast" Fury vs "Bronze Bomber" Wilder...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else recently re-watched the mega fight?

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Love that username.....good ol' shoeshine to the body.

The body is always there!

Still haven't rewatched the whole fight, I looked at round one and saw it as a round for Fury, but that's all. Some poster was saying that round one goes to Wilder...

Dunno if you saw this, though, from the FightScoreCard app, average scorecard calculated from ~1,000 fans:

fightapp-fury-wilder-2018

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
        The body is always there!

Still haven't rewatched the whole fight, I looked at round one and saw it as a round for Fury, but that's all. Some poster was saying that round one goes to Wilder...

Dunno if you saw this, though, from the FightScoreCard app, average scorecard calculated from ~1,000 fans:

fightapp-fury-wilder-2018
        It's worth watching again lol.

Actually salty someone stole that idea of mine, have a similar app in the works myself.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          It's worth watching again lol.

Actually salty someone stole that idea of mine, have a similar app in the works myself.
          Watched the fight with someone whose judgement I trust, sober (for once!), and on the night we agreed round 2 only for Wilder, outside of the 2 knockdown rounds. Which is the same as this average scorecard above. Would have to be really pushing for Wilder to find 2 other rounds... it's a stretch just to find the draw.

Whilst I haven't rewatched the whole fight yet (will rewatch sometime this week), what gets me is the clear corruption of Rochin's card. That should not be in doubt, incredible that some are claiming Wilder won the fight!! Anyway, will post my card later this week, hopefully the hype will have worn off a bit and can score it better :/

BTW, surely there must be a few ways to make an app better than the fightscore one, maybe ensuring the quality of the input-data (e.g. exclusion of extreme scorecards, extra 'weighting' for reliable scorers) ...I dunno, maybe that app already takes care of stuff like that

Comment

Watched the fight with someone whose judgement I trust, sober (for once!), and on the night we agreed round 2 only for Wilder, outside of the 2 knockdown rounds. Which is the same as this average scorecard above. Would have to be really pushing for Wilder to find 2 other rounds... it's a stretch just to find the draw.

Whilst I haven't rewatched the whole fight yet (will rewatch sometime this week), what gets me is the clear corruption of Rochin's card. That should not be in doubt, incredible that some are claiming Wilder won the fight!! Anyway, will post my card later this week, hopefully the hype will have worn off a bit and can score it better :/

BTW, surely there must be a few ways to make an app better than the fightscore one, maybe ensuring the quality of the input-data (e.g. exclusion of extreme scorecards, extra 'weighting' for reliable scorers) ...I dunno, maybe that app already takes care of stuff like that
            Sound ideas.

That card was inexcusable and it's not the first time in boxing, iirc the Canelo/Floyd fight, GGG/Canelo I, and Ward/Kovalev I all had one really questionable card.

Comment

The only way to spend this fine Sunday evening, is to run Wilder/Fury back.

Open a cold one boyos, it's fight night!

Comment

Watched it over again...

1: 10-9 Fury (late flurry from Fury gives him the edge)
                2: 10-9 Wilder (v. close round, being generous, give it to Wilder)
                3: 10-9 Fury (easy Fury round; beautiful bit of boxing @ 1-minute-to-go, Fury lands a couple of good shots in the round, Wilder lands nothing of note)
                4: 10-9 Wilder (Fury makes Wilder miss a lot but doesn't land much in return, whereas Wilder gets one very clean, effective jab through)
                5: 10-9 Fury (Fury lands more, shows great defensive skills)
                6: 10-9 Fury (cleaner, and more, scoring punches from Fury)
                7: 10-9 Fury (Fury lands several lovely shots, in comparison to just two good jabs from Wilder)
                8: 10-9 Fury (clear round for Fury again, several effective blows from Fury, only one good left hook to the body and a glancing right at the end from Wilder)
                9: 10-8 Wilder (obvious)
                10: 10-9 Fury (a number of cracking shots from Fury, practically nothing coming back from Wilder at all)
                11: 10-9 Fury (Fury edges it with effective jabs, better defence)
                12: 10-8 Wilder (obvious)

So, that's my score:
                114-112 to Fury
                (on the night, only gave Wilder the 2nd outside of the knockdowns)
                Last edited by HeadBodyBodyBody; 12-18-2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Watched it over again...

1: 10-9 Fury (late flurry from Fury gives him the edge)
                  2: 10-9 Wilder (v. close round, being generous, give it to Wilder)
                  3: 10-9 Fury (easy Fury round; beautiful bit of boxing @ 1-minute-to-go, Fury lands a couple of good shots in the round, Wilder lands nothing of note)
                  4: 10-9 Wilder (Fury makes Wilder miss a lot but doesn't land much in return, whereas Wilder gets one very clean, effective jab through)
                  5: 10-9 Fury (Fury lands more, shows great defensive skills)
                  6: 10-9 Fury (cleaner, and more, scoring punches from Fury)
                  7: 10-9 Fury (Fury lands several lovely shots, in comparison to just two good jabs from Wilder)
                  8: 10-9 Fury (clear round for Fury again, several effective blows from Fury, only one good left hook to the body and a glancing right at the end from Wilder)
                  9: 10-8 Wilder (obvious)
                  10: 10-9 Fury (a number of cracking shots from Fury, practically nothing coming back from Wilder at all)
                  11: 10-9 Fury (Fury edges it with effective jabs, better defence)
                  12: 10-8 Wilder (obvious)

So, that's my score:
                  114-112 to Fury
                  (on the night, only gave Wilder the 2nd outside of the knockdowns)

Comment

Going to give this epic showdown another go around tonight.

Comment

I had it
                      1. 10-9 Fury
                      2. 10-9 Wilder
                      3. 10-10
                      4.10-9 Wilder
                      5. 10-9 Fury
                      6. 10-9 Wilder
                      7. 10-9 Fury
                      8. 10-9 Fury
                      9. 10-8 Wilder
                      10. 10-9 Fury
                      11. 10-9 Fury
                      12. 10-8 Wilder.

The announcing was very biased towards Fury IMO.
                      Last edited by TonyGe; 12-30-2018, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X