Collapse
No announcement yet.

A lot of people owe Mikey an apology...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the criticism he got was justified. The fights that we want to see him in are 140 and below.

This is a circus sideshow.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Maybe he thinks he can win.
      He already let it slip that he was pursuing a fight where we was told he might be able to get a sizable payday. Shortly after, he announced he was going after Spence. Mikey's not an idiot, he knows this is not a favorable fight.

I've really believed in him for a long time but it's sad that he's been really focused on pay in the last couple years, to the point that it came down to this bullshyt. I'm all for guys getting paid, but this is not respectable for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        He already let it slip that he was pursuing a fight where we was told he might be able to get a sizable payday. Shortly after, he announced he was going after Spence. Mikey's not an idiot, he knows this is not a favorable fight.

I've really believed in him for a long time but it's sad that he's been really focused on pay in the last couple years, to the point that it came down to this bullshyt. I'm all for guys getting paid, but this is not respectable for me.
        Well yeah -- Of course he wants a sizable payday. He's earned it, having fought past or present world champs in God knows how many fights in a row. Doesn't mean he thinks he's losing. In fact, I disagree. I think he thinks it's a challenge, one he can win.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          He deserves credit if he is successful otherwise it's very stupid decision when a Loma fight can be made Spence can ruin the guy career
          How can he possibly be successful if he doesn't make the decision to fight him? Spence will almost certainly knock him out but he is a tough game fighter who can come back from a KO loss better than ever. Many other good boxers have done so. MAN DOWN!

Comment

Mikey has never avoided hard fights as his record clearly show. He just wants to fight Spence first. He will gladly fight Loma after he gets KOed by Spence. Anyway he is convinced he can beat Spence and it's up to Spence to show him he is wrong. MAN DOWN!

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
              I dont think anyone doubted Mikey would step up. We all just think its stupid and unnecessary. He name drops every single boxer alive but at the end of the day he has to face somebody.

It just happens this time its spence. Why is it spence? Who knows. The only person who knows is Mikey.

We all rag on him because the p4p king himself. Lomachenko, is right in his division and he completely ignored that fight. He claims its Arum, his fans claim its Arum, but the truth is the fight would have been available to him if he wanted it much sooner than later. Why go up to 147 and THEN drain back down to 135 for lomachenko? It makes no sense.

Imagine if SLR was like I'm gonna go all the way up to CW and fight Holyfield and then I want a piece of Hagler?

That's just dumb.

What would Mikey winning prove? I think it would speak more volumes about how good of a champ spence is rather than how good Mikey is. Just saying.
              The bold: I don't get it. Mikey beating Spence won't prove anything? Instead, it would show what a good champ Spence is?

I'm lost, bro. Do explain, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowballer View Post
                I think the criticism he got was justified. The fights that we want to see him in are 140 and below.

This is a circus sideshow.
                Mikey does what he wants not what "we" want. Mayweather fighting Conor was a circus sideshow. This is a legit fight between a 135 pound and former 140 pound champion fighting a 147 pound champion. If Spence was fighting Broner everyone would probably think it was an ok fight and Mikey beat the hell out of Broner. Smaller champions have challenged larger champions many times in boxing history and sometimes the smaller champ won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  He deserves credit if he is successful otherwise it's very stupid decision when a Loma fight can be made Spence can ruin the guy career
                  To chase greatness take the harder fight

It’s that simple

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    Mikey does what he wants not what "we" want. Mayweather fighting Conor was a circus sideshow. This is a legit fight between a 135 pound and former 140 pound champion fighting a 147 pound champion. If Spence was fighting Broner everyone would probably think it was an ok fight and Mikey beat the hell out of Broner. Smaller champions have challenged larger champions many times in boxing history and sometimes the smaller champ won the fight.
                    Errol Spence is a big Welterweight who will likely move up to 154 and eventually 160 and is likely the best WW today. Mikey Garcia is a small Jr. Welterweight who looks maxed out at 140 and has unfinished business at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      The bold: I don't get it. Mikey beating Spence won't prove anything? Instead, it would show what a good champ Spence is?

I'm lost, bro. Do explain, please.
                      Imo though, spence is not p4p. Hes a good but unproven boxer. I would totally understand if Mikey was fighting someone at 147 who is proven to challenge his worth, but spence? We dont even know how good he is. Edit: this is what I meant by how good a champ he is. If he loses he was probably a bum. A weight bully at 147.

The risk just doesnt make sense. Maybe Mikey sees that Spence is just a paper champ. Maybe he thinks he can pull through?

For me though, that does nothing for his legacy. Its just like Canelo moving up to 168 to fight for a regular title. No point. Might as well fight the weakest most pathetic 175 regular champ just to say "4 divisions ".

Spence doesn't draw crowds. Hes not a big name. Hes 2 divisions higher and a lot bigger.

What exactly is Mikey trying to prove? If spence loses I think it talks more volumes about spence than it does Mikey. Spence would legit be a bum. Let's be real. Bums win world championships all the time. They fight other bums.

For example, Im not a wilder fan, but you cant argue against Wilders resume. He has a TON of bums. Could he be better than his resume? Maybe, but he hasnt fought the best. Yet. Spence is in the same boat.

Spence has fought like no one. Hes unproven at this point but one of the "best" at 147.

Mikey hasnt even beat the best at 135 or 140. Why move to 147?

And then once you fight at 147, how are you gonna drain back down to 135 for lomachenko or others in the future?

It doesnt make sense. He was already pudgy at 140. I doubt hell carry the right weight at 147. And if he comes in light how is he gonna deal with spence's power when hes got cement feet?

Most boxers who are successful in a jump like this have something special. Yeah, mikey is "technical" and a "good counter puncher " but I dont think that's enough. Pac had speed and power. Mayweather timing and defense.
                      Last edited by R-Hand Southpaw; 11-14-2018, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X