No announcement yet.

Is Joe Parker a bigger version of Daniel Geale

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Joe Parker a bigger version of Daniel Geale

By comparison both guys are super nice outside of the ring. Both have good boxing skills but lack the killer instinct. After Golovkin Geale declined very quickly. Will Parker be the same? I can see him going back to NZ fighting a couple of confidence fights and maybe getting sparked by a Lucas Browne type who isn't under the stricter US or UK conditions that big money high profile fights bring.

Nah, Parker is better and has more potential than Geale.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      Nah, Parker is better and has more potential than Geale.
      Really? Geale was a unified champion who won his titles on the road against other bona fide champions. Parker won a vacant title with a mildly disputed victory in his hometown and lost it without attempting to be competitive. Geale lost to someone considered by most to be a top 5 pound for pound fighter going out on his shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
        Really? Geale was a unified champion who won his titles on the road against other bona fide champions. Parker won a vacant title with a mildly disputed victory in his hometown and lost it without attempting to be competitive. Geale lost to someone considered by most to be a top 5 pound for pound fighter going out on his shield.
        I never really rated Geale. I still think Parker has great potential.

Comment

I think Parker is much better and competes well with the best. He has a much better chin than Geale. Parker only lost close fights to AJ and Whyte in their back yard. Geale was absolutely slaughtered by GGG and then by Cotto FFS. A case could be made that he beat Whyte or at least earned a draw. If that same fight had been in New Zealand he might have won. Parker is still a top contender and a hard fight for anyone. Geale never was very good at his best and was completely done after GGG splatted him. I don't think they are much alike.

Comment

hes a bum because he lost to two fighters who are unpopular on the forum

Comment

Working...
            X