Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your reading list for this summer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I get the chance I'm gonna read a bunch of weird short stories and start writing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      When I get the chance I'm gonna read a bunch of weird short stories and start writing again.

Here are SK's best (and earliest) collections of short stories:

Comment

Comment

someone once said reading fiction is a waste of time.. since then i stopped reading books

Comment

Comment

Definitely finishing The World of Ice & Fire, got a third through and stopped 3 months ago, so will probably start it again. Its a mere 336 pages, so nothing too much to get my teeth into so's to speak.

So I want another, and i'm thinking an auto biography, probably one of a sports man, perhaps a boxer, only read Hatton and Calzaghe's ones... I'll find something. Any suggestions for a boxers biography that you guys thought was good?

Comment

Originally posted by JabRight View Post
                Definitely finishing The World of Ice & Fire, got a third through and stopped 3 months ago, so will probably start it again. Its a mere 336 pages, so nothing too much to get my teeth into so's to speak.

So I want another, and i'm thinking an auto biography, probably one of a sports man, perhaps a boxer, only read Hatton and Calzaghe's ones... I'll find something. Any suggestions for a boxers biography that you guys thought was good?
                Mike Tyson's was excellent. If you haven't read it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Mike Tyson's was excellent. If you haven't read it yet.
                  Of all fighters you'd of thought i'd of read that, does it reveal much more than his film a few years back 'Tyson'? do you know?

That's an easy/obvious one, to be fair i'd be partial to picking a few books up, if i'm into it, i'll do a book in a day or two if I'm inclined, then read again approx. a fortnight later, I re-read often, like how you might watcha film a few times I do that with the books too.
                  So I might pick that one up, such an obvious choice and it didn't pop into my mind! Shame! Shame!

Comment

Finally, a good thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JabRight View Post
                      Of all fighters you'd of thought i'd of read that, does it reveal much more than his film a few years back 'Tyson'? do you know?

That's an easy/obvious one, to be fair i'd be partial to picking a few books up, if i'm into it, i'll do a book in a day or two if I'm inclined, then read again approx. a fortnight later, I re-read often, like how you might watcha film a few times I do that with the books too.
                      So I might pick that one up, such an obvious choice and it didn't pop into my mind! Shame! Shame!
                      It does reveal more. There were some crazy stories about some of his interactions with other celebrities, for example. A lot of partying and drug stories too.

Comment

Working...
                      X