Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post Klitschko-Jennings thoughts: clinching and PUSHING against the rules?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    Lol u serious? You're not allowed to blatantly push off repeatedly in fights. Biased refs? Bull****, the refs he has overseas have been strongly biased in his favor for not deducting points and issuing warnings. It's not like this is Wlads first time, it happens in ALL of his fights! Did you see his fight with Alexander Povetkin? Absolutely disgraceful he wasn't deducted points. He could have been deducted points as early as round 1!!! And the ref allowed him to do it the entire fight. He clearly has a nasty habit of bending the rules which he does to his advantage.
    Dude, it wasn't BLATANT Mark Coleman style shoving though. It wasn't even a shove, it was literally just keeping Jennings off of him for a bit with some nudges. Some level of ****ing contact should be given. HOWEVER, boxing rules do state that pushing isn't allowed. NO ****ing rules state that clinching isn't allowed.

The ref took a point here, clearly. How many times did Jennings dive in with his head low leaving ONE possible outcome? A CLINCH. Dude if he's so low that he can't be hit, it's basically him coming in with a free shot if clinching isn't allowed. If clinching is to be banned, so should coming in with your head low and getting under someone's armpit and slamming them in the ribs.

The point still REMAINS though, is a referee justified in deducting a point for something that is clearly ALLOWED in modern boxing rules?

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
      HOWEVER, boxing rules do state that pushing isn't allowed. NO ****ing rules state that clinching isn't allowed.

The point still REMAINS though, is a referee justified in deducting a point for something that is clearly ALLOWED in modern boxing rules?
      How can you be a boxing fan and not even know the rules?

Rules for Championship Fights - World Boxing Council

A list of common fouls that may be committed by boxers (or seconds, where the context is appropriate) that may be cause for penalty or disqualification is as follows:
      [...]
      13. Excessive holding the opponent or maintaining a clinch.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
        I'm sorry, but if you watch Jennings arms when Vlad came in close he put his arms around Vlad's waist,he did not try and fight any clinches or holding off, he was equally willing to hold and let Vlad hold him. Usually I agree Vlad holds and normally should be deducted a point because his opponent most of the time is a victim of Vlad's holding. They try to fight out or push Vlad off. Jennings however, accepted and also reached out to hold Vlad just as much as Vlad tried to hold him. Every time Vlad got inside Jennings reached out to hug and put his arms around Vlad. Jennings rarely pushed Vlad away.
        Exactly. I think that Jennings benefited of the extra-emphasis being put on Wlad's holding, to the point that he himself could initiate clinches and do a lot of holding and it would be attributed to Wlad, or at least ignored by the ref because Jennings doesn't have a reputation for holding.

Comment

[QUOTE=kenso;15607299
          The ref was extremely biased. Klitschko was losing focus when told not to clinch, and push. Don't push? God what a bias ref. [/QUOTE]

I think the ref was as borderline fair as he could be. Any more from him and I would've considered it activist refereeing with an agenda. The last time I saw something like that was Zaheer Raheem Vs Rocky Juarez, where Raheem lost 2 points for holding even though he was dominating Juarez and outboxing him.

It's not like it was some holding that prevented him from getting Ko'd but it happened a few times and the ref docked him 2 points, and he lost a split decision to Juarez.

Comment

A list of common fouls that may be committed by boxers (or seconds, where the context is appropriate) that may be cause for penalty or disqualification is as follows:
            [...]
            I stand corrected. I Googled boxing rules before the fight, but not WBC rules. I'd never heard of this rule and I bet many haven't either. It's not on the BoxRec rules. +rep

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
              I stand corrected. I Googled boxing rules before the fight, but not WBC rules. I'd never heard of this rule and I bet many haven't either. It's not on the BoxRec rules. +rep
              Lol everyone around here knows that rule. Everyone.

Comment

[...]
                Grustler does not even know what excessive holding means

Comment

That's why I'm falling to sleep during Wlad's fights. And Ward's as well.

Comment

The clinching sucks.

Pushing should be legal, it's basically just a 2 handed punch and prevents tie ups...

Comment

This is boxing, not judo. Of course clinch it's a foul, nobody will complaint if you are hurt and clinch for a full round. But not as a strategics, you have to step aside or fight.

But I dont think vlad started all the clinchs, Jennings clinched a lot too.

Comment

Working...
                      X