Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Question: Reopen the US Economy Soon or Maintain Lockdown?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by man down View Post
    If you have the money I would advise you go grocery shopping now before the 1st comes.
    Yeah I think this is the approach I'm going to take.

My respiratory health history is not great, so I should just prepare to stay inside for a while regardless of what other people end up doing. Fortunately the work I do can be done remotely.

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    We already knew we had a high number of cases, but we didn't have the adequate amount of tests to confirm it, but now we do. I expect that number to rise a whole lot more this week, and then start tapering off.

I think saying millions will die is a severe over estimation, our coronavirus death count is at 600 with almost 60,000 cases. We have to be conscious of the fact that a collapse in the economy can be far more deadly than the coronavirus when people don't have money for food or shelter.
    Yeah we were at only 1700 tested like a week or two into March. Of course the number of positive results has spiked. I think it is still spreading, but probably won't go as high or as long as is being estimated. I won't say we should be reopening ASAP, but not till there are zero cases either per se.
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-25-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Yeah we were at only 1700 tested like a week or two into March. Of course the number of positive results has spiked. I think it is still spreading, but probably won't go as high or as long as is being estimated. I won't say we should be reopening ASAP, but not till there are zero cases either per se.

No we shouldn't be re opening immediately but we do need a sense of when things will start coming back to normal. Being closed indefinitely is not only terrible for the economy, but also for peoples sense of security. Sooner or later people will start ignoring the shut down just by way of the weather.

Which brings me to my next point, the easing of restrictions should coincide with the warmer weather, as there is data that supports that the Virus spreads less at higher temperature and humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        I live in SD and raised in Chula Vista actually.

It's the same down here. I didn't go out so I didn't see for myself, but I read articles about people going to beaches, parks and hiking trails in big crowds over the weekend.

Nothing wrong with going outside, but it's the big crowds of people that's a big no-no. So the city shut down all spots on Monday. Lifeguards closed the gates to the piers.

So LA didn't shut down the beaches and hiking trails yet?
        YEah bro I thought his name was a play on words. I thought he was from Chula Vista and he was showing love to his hometown this whole time? LOL.

Damn that sucks about the big crowds in SD. But to answer your question I went out last week here around LA rode my bike on the trails ended up by the beach and saw huge crowds almost shoulder to shoulder!

I even saw a full on basketball game going on full court with at least 30 people either playing or waiting their turn to play.

A lot of people with their shirts off trying to get a tan too like really wtf????

I then rode my bike by the grocery to see how bad it was they were only letting in a limited amount of people in at a time but the rest were stuck in a line waiting to get in.

I didnt see one mask or anyone wearing gloves.

I then did a costco run yesterday and thank god people were standing 6 feet apart in line and like 40% of the people were wearing masks at least!

But yeah I think LA is F'd. We got a ton of wannabe actors trying to Stay fit and tan instead of self distancing gonna ruin this whole damn state for us bro!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          YEah bro I thought his name was a play on words. I thought he was from Chula Vista and he was showing love to his hometown this whole time? LOL.

Damn that sucks about the big crowds in SD. But to answer your question I went out last week here around LA rode my bike on the trails ended up by the beach and saw huge crowds almost shoulder to shoulder!

I even saw a full on basketball game going on full court with at least 30 people either playing or waiting their turn to play.

A lot of people with their shirts off trying to get a tan too like really wtf????

I then rode my bike by the grocery to see how bad it was they were only letting in a limited amount of people in at a time but the rest were stuck in a line waiting to get in.

I then did a costco run yesterday and thank god people were standing 6 feet apart in line and like 40% of the people were wearing masks at least!

But yeah I think LA is F'd. We got a ton of wannabe actors trying to Stay fit and tan instead of self distancing gonna ruin this whole damn state for us bro!
          This is my main issue. They're saying don't open up shop but everyone is out and about doing chit. Having Corona virus parties and chit. These are the same people that are saying keep things closed lol.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
            This is my main issue. They're saying don't open up shop but everyone is out and about doing chit. Having Corona virus parties and chit. These are the same people that are saying keep things closed lol.
            survival of the fittest darwinism especially for those tards doing CV parties!

Comment

F**k man, it's the same sht at my grocery store. Long ass line just to get in. I go to Ralph's, but there's another Ralph's close to my parent's house that's not as crowded.

I actually got a gallon of water, first time I was able to find bottled water since this CV sht got crazy. Even got some cans of tuna, they were no where to be found last week.

Still no eggs, or toilet paper though.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                F**k man, it's the same sht at my grocery store. Long ass line just to get in. I go to Ralph's, but there's another Ralph's close to my parent's house that's not as crowded.

I actually got a gallon of water, first time I was able to find bottled water since this CV sht got crazy. Even got some cans of tuna, they were no where to be found last week.

Still no eggs, or toilet paper though.
                yeah bro we stocked water like week b4 it hit the fan only got 3 cases tho. 2 are normal size one is some weird large bottle with a weird cap on them.

tuna is the way to go! we also stocked up on tuna!

eggs, costco had it and we got the 5 dozen pack!

but yeah no TP they said they get it at 8am and the first like 12 people grab it and its gone.

stay safe brother!

Comment

yeah bro we stocked water like week b4 it hit the fan only got 3 cases tho. 2 are normal size one is some weird large bottle with a weird cap on them.

tuna is the way to go! we also stocked up on tuna!

eggs, costco had it and we got the 5 dozen pack!

but yeah no TP they said they get it at 8am and the first like 12 people grab it and its gone.

stay safe brother!

You stay safe too bro.

Thankfully I live alone, so I don't need much toilet paper and I take most of my shts at work anyways.

About to hit up Walmart today after work. Hopefully I can get at least most of what I need.

Comment

Working...
                  X