Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum and Eddie Hearn never let their big name fighters fight on other networks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MusaWorld View Post
    Thanks man. I'd love to contribute to that thread, how do you get the information? Do you email the venue?
    Email the commission.

Yes, please do! California is the best by far at getting back to you on a timely manner and so is Texas minus the BS they told me a few days ago lol.

Vegas also is super fast at getting back.

NY? LIS, the worst but I haven't had much luck with EC commission. Wanted the Andrade/Sulecki commission reports and they seemed stunned to get the email and told me to contact the venue and they gave me another contact and basically didn't get anywhere.

Really want the Gervonta Davis gate receipts but not sure if I am emailing the right people there as I've received no response back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
      In response to the bolded, IMO the answer is no and will always be no until these guys cross into the mainstream, but will be the only way the fight realistically gets done as its one of Arum's two best fighters. Neither of these guys are all that popular (IMO Spence is already the A-side) and as amazingly talented as Crawford is, his PPV buys and promoting is terrible.

As for the Spence-Porter card I have zero idea how many buys it will get. The co-main is a mismatch and I am honestly very intrigued by the main event despite believing that Spence will probably win. Hopefully PBC fills out the card with a couple more fun fights like last weekend.
      Probably put Nery on there since he's on all the PBC PPVs lol.

Yeah, was a lot more confident of Spence/Garcia doing better numbers, but even that PPV far exceeded my expectations. FOX is a machine though, and they have delivered on both PPVs so it could end up doing around 250k or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
        LMAOOO Jose Ramirez doesn’t sell shlt outside of his hometown. He did 4K in New York and 6k in Dallas. The guy is not a big name at all, nobody knows him or cares about him and I know you saw all those empty seats in the Hooker fight. On top of that, tickets to his fights are CHEAP AF.

When will Arum let Loma and Bud fight outside of ESPN? When will Hearn let AJ fight outside of SkySports?
        Lmao charho’s just started headlining their own events this year 🤣 and don’t sell ***** for tix even in their hometowns lmao 6k people for charlos fight in Houston. These guys are a joke 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          I already posted receipts on Ramirez gate sales. Love Ramirez, but those gate sales were absolutely disgusting.

Both Charlo's out sold that by a good margin last fight, especially Jermall fighting in Houston.
          Not true. He sold 6k tix. Jermall in Vegas didn’t even sell 4K tix nice try fam. Ramirez gets 10-14k every time out in Fresno

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            Not true. He sold 6k tix. Jermall in Vegas didn’t even sell 4K tix nice try fam. Ramirez gets 10-14k every time out in Fresno
            Nice try? How TF are you going to try me when I actually post the commission reports LMAO.

And did you read what I said? Read what I said....And read the thread I posted and see the actual numbers for all these cards.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              Lmao charho’s just started headlining their own events this year 🤣 and don’t sell ***** for tix even in their hometowns lmao 6k people for charlos fight in Houston. These guys are a joke 🤣
              LMAOOO! You completely diverted the topic to talk about Jermall Charlo's ticket sales.

NEW YORK – Fighting for the first time in New York City, Fresno, California’s Jose Ramirez notched a spirited 12-round unanimous decision over a game Amir Imam at the newly-named Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden. Though the fight was fairly one-sided, pitched as it was at Ramirez’s aggressive pace, it featured enough back-and-forth action to sustain the boozy, rambunctious demands of a St. Patrick’s Day crowd of 4,672 (many of whom were here for no other reason than to see their Irish compatriot Mick Conlan rack up another win on the undercard). The scores were 115-113, 117-111, and 120-108. With the victory, Ramirez, now 22-0 (16), won the WBC 140-pound belt, which was rendered vacant after former unified champion Terence Crawford moved up a division.

Jose Ramirez can sell and give out as many dirt cheap tickets in his hometown Fresno, but when it's time to sell in big markets like LA, DALLAS, NEW YORK, LAS VEGAS, etc. He isn't selling ****, even his TV ratings are shlt.

Bob Arum knew this that's why he was so willing to send Ramirez to fight on DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Nice try? How TF are you going to try me when I actually post the commission reports LMAO.

And did you read what I said? Read what I said....And read the thread I posted and see the actual numbers for all these cards.
                The ticket prices for Ramirez's fights in Fresno are $25-150, that is dirt cheap. No wonder why he has such low live gates.

Comment

This is why I despise people using the amount of tickets sold as their main argument. No, ticket SALES is far more important. This is why I thought Fury's numbers vs Schwarz were not bad at all, the only problem is he got paid a CRAZY amount and it probably needed to do better than that. But he almost drew a million gate. Lomachenko has a good sales number vs Crolla, yet people say he only sold 5k tickets.

Jermall did just fine at home. Did over a half of million in gate sales. Jermall did 200k in Vegas which still surpassed what Ramirez does at home. In fact, Jermall did about what Hurd did at home against JRock.

Comment

Double post.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
                      The ticket prices for Ramirez's fights in Fresno are $25-150, that is dirt cheap. No wonder why he has such low live gates.
                      The average price comes out to a very low number indeed. Still love how the community supports him but yeah, those tickets sold numbers are very misleading.
                      Last edited by KTFOKING; 08-07-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X