Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Beats Down Mikey Garcia, Wins Lopsided Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    people acting like he ate all those shots, you'll think if mikey ate over 350+ spence power shots and he still isnt that marked up, I think spence and mikey are the same marked up that he would have went down once. Mikey took every shot with a chaser sort of speak, caught it, pared it, rolled with it, or whatever and took the UMPH out of it.
    and got his azz kicked

Comment

• Mikey Garcia is basic as fk. Slow feet, slow hands etc....etc...
      Spence out boxed him from the opening bell.
      Don't care what anyone says, Lomachenko would box circles around Mikey as well.
      Guy never had a moment over 12 rounds, that's hard to believe when you're supposed to be a top 5 P4P guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        Makes you think why on earth would Garcia ruin his unbeaten record to face a guy he had no chance of winning against.
        Garcia has come up from featherweight ffs and facing off against a huge talented welterweight was simply an idiotic move.
        He should have got some good fights in his own weight class and it would have been more competitive.
        Garcia could not lace Duran or pacquiao boots and that was shown tonight.
        He got himself his first big PPV payday, that's why he faced Spence.

And same for Spence. That's why he accepted when Mikey called him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          He got himself his first big PPV payday, that's why he faced Spence.

And same for Spence. That's why he accepted when Mikey called him out.
          Some people forget its prize fighting and not pride fighting.

Comment

• Fraud.

Only about the money. Garcia did not even try to throw more than single punches when he was within range. Spence (deliberately?) threw a lot of punches that were (too easily?) blocked by Garcia (especially on the elbows) who never took risk or tried to win himself.

In the later rounds, and especially during the last seconds of the match, one could sense that Spence was holding back at a time he could have overwhelmed Garcia to get a TKO.

To me it looked staged, more like professional wrestling.

Big payday for both fighters. Garcia cashing in on being 39-0 from the lighter divisions, Spence getting his first PPV fight and a possible set up with PacMan. I guess though that even that scene was more of a commercial thing, to help hype Spence a bit more. PacMan probably will go for someone like Porter or Thurman to get a title if Floyd does not return. Spence, should unify the division, then move up. Big money waiting in fights against Canelo, GGG etc.

Comment

• While it's true that spence was supposed to stop him (and he tried to do it in the latter rounds) and not doing it makes him look bad, it's partially because mikey is tough and knows how to survive. That's why i was hoping for spence's sake that he would start slugging much sooner, if he did so, he would have been able to stop him between 7th and 9th. But no, he boxed him for 4 rounds, in the next 3-4 rounds he was still boxing but started applying more pressure and than went all out from the 8th round on. I knew that he would outbox mikey if he chose so but spent too much time doing it. But i still liked spence's performance. One thing i didn't like was once mikey was ready for the taking, he trued to knock him out but not intelligently - he was throwing the same looping punches, the same way, left right left right left right, he could feint him a bit and vary his punches to catch mikey

Comment

• Originally posted by nidaros997 View Post
                Fraud.

Only about the money. Garcia did not even try to throw more than single punches when he was within range. Spence (deliberately?) threw a lot of punches that were (too easily?) blocked by Garcia (especially on the elbows) who never took risk or tried to win himself.

In the later rounds, and especially during the last seconds of the match, one could sense that Spence was holding back at a time he could have overwhelmed Garcia to get a TKO.

To me it looked staged, more like professional wrestling.

Big payday for both fighters. Garcia cashing in on being 39-0 from the lighter divisions, Spence getting his first PPV fight and a possible set up with PacMan. I guess though that even that scene was more of a commercial thing, to help hype Spence a bit more. PacMan probably will go for someone like Porter or Thurman to get a title if Floyd does not return. Spence, should unify the division, then move up. Big money waiting in fights against Canelo, GGG etc.
                Couldn’t breathe, too much air stolen from thudding body shots.
                Last edited by SugarRaRobinson; 03-17-2019, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• Say what you will about Mikey's courage, but he didn't make this even remotely competitive. It was arrogant of him to call out Spence and he paid for it by being schooled like a novice. And yet everyone is just focusing on how brave he is. Being an elite fighter you need to show more than bravery. But since we all like Mikey we will set a lower bar for him. Imagine GGG moved up to LHW and be dominated like this - he'd be crucified. But with Mikey we are supposed to just pretend how positive we all are to Mikey and how he deserves all the credit for trying. What is he a 2-0 novice? At this level you are expected to deliver results, not attempts. He hasn't won a single round...wow. His stock should go down, Spence's stock shouldn't even go up. He barely broke the sweat there for god sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Mikey Garcia is basic as fk. Slow feet, slow hands etc....etc...
                    Spence out boxed him from the opening bell.
                    Don't care what anyone says, Lomachenko would box circles around Mikey as well.
                    Guy never had a moment over 12 rounds, that's hard to believe when you're supposed to be a top 5 P4P guy.
                    Mikey has always been 'no special effects', but he's better at the basics than most others - hence his record, which is pretty good.

Big problem with Spence was that Spence is equally good at the basics, and Spence is taller/rangier than Garcia, and Garcia couldn't close the distance to throw shots without stepping forward and leaving himself open, which he's not accustomed to doing (and so didn't do it). It pretty much left Spence to do what he wanted throughout the fight as he had the reach to keep throwing almost risk-free (Easter could have done the same thing if he had the skills, but he doesn't).

You can't extrapolate that to Loma though, as Loma would be getting inside of Garcia's reach and fighting from there, whereas Spence was fighting out of reach - Loma would be an inside fight. I doubt we will see how a Garcia/Loma fight would have panned out, and even if it were to happen now, Garcia will self-harm to get back to 135, and would likely struggle to maintain the pace Loma sets for 12 rounds - Garcia far better to stay at 140 where the opposition that can match him for skills doesn't have 3 or 4 inches on him.

Even then someone like Prograis might give him fits.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3lite View Post
                      If your aunt had a dick, she'd be your uncle.

What's your point?
                      I see that logic doesn't fit in that undeveloped brain of yours so I won't bother wasting any more of my time talking to a random prick that got dropped as a baby by his momma

Comment

Working...
                      X