Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Gennady Always Sells Out The Garden." -Loeffler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a fail on so many levels that it's gonna be hard to capture them all.
    1. Stevens fight happened in 2013. It was only the 2nd year that Golovkin was fighting in the US on HBO. Comparing his popularity from 2013 to today is absolutely asinine. I can use Google Trends to come up with a vague estimate of his popularity levels. According to that chart, the Nov 2013 fight against Stevens registers as a 7 compared to the fight against Kell Brook, which is a 100. He's at LEAST 10x more popular than he was in 2013.
    2. Announced attendance for this fight was 2 tickets short of a sell out (4k something tickets)
    3. Golovkin was applauded much louder than Stevens. Skip to 15:30 in the video. No idea what you're looking at.
    4. Everyone gets cheered when they land a big shot, no matter who you are.
      Skip to 23:20 in the video, you hear a "Genna" chant. At 24:05 when Stevens gets KDd, there's a huge cheer as well.
    5. The Lemieux fight was sold out. Was that because of the Canadian Lemieux who's never fought in MSG before?
    6. Danny couldn't sell out Barclays which he calls home, and did extremely poorly in TV viewship.

So yeah, Golovkin is bringing the vast majority of the following to the event, and he deserves a good chunk of the cut against Canelo, 5m guarantee + ~30%.

Comment

chocolatito sold out by himself in california...

when they did rubio vs ggg they was like... wow look at the crowd here for ggg... completely ignoring the fact that hispanic folks KNOW who chocolatito is.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

when they did rubio vs ggg they was like... wow look at the crowd here for ggg... completely ignoring the fact that hispanic folks KNOW who chocolatito is.
        Maybe im wrong, but i don't think Roman was on that card. The co-feature for that fight was Donaire vs Walters.

Maybe you are referring to the Monroe or Wade card at the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          This is a fail on so many levels that it's gonna be hard to capture them all.
          1. Stevens fight happened in 2013. It was only the 2nd year that Golovkin was fighting in the US on HBO. Comparing his popularity from 2013 to today is absolutely asinine. I can use Google Trends to come up with a vague estimate of his popularity levels. According to that chart, the Nov 2013 fight against Stevens registers as a 7 compared to the fight against Kell Brook, which is a 100. He's at LEAST 10x more popular than he was in 2013.
          2. Announced attendance for this fight was 2 tickets short of a sell out (4k something tickets)
          3. Golovkin was applauded much louder than Stevens. Skip to 15:30 in the video. No idea what you're looking at.
          4. Everyone gets cheered when they land a big shot, no matter who you are.
            Skip to 23:20 in the video, you hear a "Genna" chant. At 24:05 when Stevens gets KDd, there's a huge cheer as well.
          5. The Lemieux fight was sold out. Was that because of the Canadian Lemieux who's never fought in MSG before?
          6. Danny couldn't sell out Barclays which he calls home, and did extremely poorly in TV viewship.

So yeah, Golovkin is bringing the vast majority of the following to the event, and he deserves a good chunk of the cut against Canelo, 5m guarantee + ~30%.
          Don't go into tangents. Keep it simple.

How many times has Gennady fought in the theatre at MSG?
          How many times has Gennady fought at the open arena at MSG?

From those attendance numbers, forget PPV, re analyze the negotiating splits for Alvarez vs Golovkin.

Here's another one for you. I said this last year. How big would it be if Marquez vs PAC V happened at Aztec Stadium? Revise the capacity for that. Why is that important? Chavez and ESPN deporters were talking about how big the rematch for Jr vs Alvarez would be there. We're talking Joshua vs Klitschko just south capacity.

Or you want to bring up Monte Carlo?

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
            Don't go into tangents. Keep it simple.

How many times has Gennady fought in the theatre at MSG?
            How many times has Gennady fought at the open arena at MSG?

From those attendance numbers, forget PPV, re analyze the negotiating splits for Alvarez vs Golovkin.

Here's another one for you. I said this last year. How big would it be if Marquez vs PAC V happened at Aztec Stadium? Revise the capacity for that. Why is that important? Chavez and ESPN deporters were talking about how big the rematch for Jr vs Alvarez would be there. We're talking Joshua vs Klitschko just south capacity.

Or you want to bring up Monte Carlo?
            The irony of saying 'don't go on tangents', then literally bringing up 6 different tangents in next paragraph.

You have no idea what you're talking about as usual. Just another poorly researched, poorly thought out Golovkin troll post. I assume you're gonna start a couple more today.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              The irony of saying 'don't go on tangents', then literally bringing up 6 different tangents in next paragraph.

You have no idea what you're talking about as usual. Just another poorly researched, poorly thought out Golovkin troll post. I assume you're gonna start a couple more today.
              I don't need an "idea" for what I'm educating you on. Just giving you facts. Let us know when you figure out Theatre vs Arena attendance at MSG. Try and keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

Just like someone else pointed out, Roman wasn't on that card. I was at that fight and despite Rubio being the obvious Mexican in a crowd full of Hispanics, they were overwhelmingly for GGG. Roman wasn't until Golovkin/Monroe which I was also at and still, the majority of people were chanting for GGG, even though they knew who Gonzalez was.

Comment

GGG has gotten to a lot of posters here. GOTTEN TO

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
                    Does Loeffler do a disservice for pre and post performances?

The Theatre at the Garden hosts about 2-5k seating: Rosado, Stevens..

Why did we hear boos at the theatre when Golovkin's name was announced opposed to New Yorker, Stevens? Also the crowd went into a frenzy when Stevens staggered Golovkin from one end of the corner to the other...

Point being, seems a bit practical for Loeffler to exploit event capacity and solely credit that his fighter was the reason for.. At the end of the day, I guess he has the right to since it takes two to tango.

However, industry is instigating and as well as the title when Loeffler speaks, but circumstances are affecting negotiations for the Alvarez vs Golovkin bout for "2017.."

So, how much credit does Jacobs get, the New Yorker, for this event?

Lemieux didn't get any credit for HBO Canadian PPV buys. If we really wanted to find out where the guys came from, they could easily pull a metrics report of American to Canadian regional purposes. It isn't hard to believe, as Canadian fans roar for Stevenson, Pascal, Lemieux, doesn't seem far fetched that 90k buys from Canada would be out of the norm...

Just giving circumstances for talks on the table. Why would Loeffler recently say that they might have to acknowledge Alvarez's A side?

Same concept for Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas.

Las Vegas has been his adopted hometown for his entire career, yet just about every time he fights, HIS OPPONENT clearly has more fans in the arena. Floyd has some fans there, no doubt, but boos for him are usually more common. And cheers for his opponent.

Yet nobody would dare say Floyd isn't the A-side.

The type of fans Floyd draws, people like you, usually can't afford to attend his fights, though.

I still have never heard GGG booed? Maybe the few fans Stevens had just became very vocal when he landed a meaningful punch because GGG dominate him so bad, any little punch Stevens landed got huge attention from his 35 fans there.

Comment

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
                      GGG has gotten to a lot of posters here. GOTTEN TO
                      Of course. Lil G has about 2 years left the forum come and goes. I mean lilg fans liked talking abut Hearn's out of context "lost his pen" stories then Troll Cops just gotta whoop dat ass with 15million x marks da Lil G spot.

Comment

Working...
                      X