No announcement yet.

Going to a boxing event by yourself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to a boxing event by yourself?

Does anyone go to boxing events by themselves? None of my mates are interested in boxing or don't have enough money for tickets. Never been to a boxing event before and was just considering buying a floor ticket for Groves vs Froch (£1k) and turning up on my own.. would it be weird?
    Last edited by Anderson Silva; 05-11-2014, 06:59 PM.

There will be someone next to you to talk boxing. Between rounds or fights.

You're gonna be fine man. Just go bro. You won't regret it. Great atmosphere.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Which event are you planning on going to? Perhaps the Chisora vs Fury fight, or Groves vs Froch? If you're comfortable with yourself just go alone. Nothing wrong at all.

Comment

To be honest, it is good to get used to heading to events on your own; it really opens the world up for you.

Comment

Haven't but I would have no problem with it. You know we're a family. Boxing fans are real family. You'll have friends there. If, you can find the actual boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
            Which event are you planning on going to? Perhaps the Chisora vs Fury fight, or Groves vs Froch? If you're comfortable with yourself just go alone. Nothing wrong at all.
            Groves vs Froch.

Comment

You don't have 1k to spend fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Booty Dew View Post
                You don't have 1k to spend fool.
                Speak for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
                  Does anyone go to boxing events by themselves? None of my mates are interested in boxing or don't have enough money for tickets. Never been to a boxing event before and was just considering buying a floor ticket for Groves vs Froch (£1k) and turning up on my own.. would it be weird?
                  I have and soon left. You don't get commentary like on TV but in fact you get idiots talkin.

When I go with at least one person I at least have some decent convo

Comment

Sure why not? I've gone alone or with someone and once the fight starts it doesn't make much of a diff.

Comment

Working...
                    X