Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kelly Pavlik vs. Dmitry Pirog: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post
    Easy, and THE ROCK MEANS EASY win for Pirog.

I would argue Pirog wins moar impressively than Martinez did. I see a Hopkins-esque style beatdown.
    Hey hey, lets not tamper with greatness here. hopkins painted a Michael Angelo type portrait of Pavlik. It was a beatdown that deserved to be framed and put up in a museum.

Comment

I was a big Pavlik fan, and still am really, but it's obvious Pavlik can't deal with movement very well and this kid moves really good and defends very well too. If this fight happens in the Fall, "might" be a 50/50 fight depending where Pavlik is physically (can he still make 160 healthy?) and mentally.

If I were to pick right now, I'd go with Pirog by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Hey hey, lets not tamper with greatness here. hopkins painted a Michael Angelo type portrait of Pavlik. It was a beatdown that deserved to be framed and put up in a museum.
        Pavlik is done man. His aura of invincibility is gone.

I would prefer Chavez jr/Pavlik, another fight he loses imo, but would at least be closer.

Comment

Originally posted by Saucy Jacky View Post
          Pavlik is done man. His aura of invincibility is gone.

I would prefer Chavez jr/Pavlik, another fight he loses imo, but would at least be closer.
          Are you saying the only thing Pavlik had goign for him was his undefeated record? He was the first to stop Taylor, and was brought in as Mirandas opponent and demolished him.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
            Are you saying the only thing Pavlik had goign for him was his undefeated record? He was the first to stop Taylor, and was brought in as Mirandas opponent and demolished him.
            Not just his record, but his reputation as a hard hitting bruiser who wouldn't let up.

But after Hopkins sonned him and showed that all you had to do to beat him was pivot on your left foot, it opened the floodgates.

He's damaged goods.

Comment

As of right now Pavlik.

People forget Pavlik was really close to coming back and winning that fight against Martinez until that one round where he got cut bad on both eyes.

Pirog is good but seriously come on. He beat Jacobs who Pavlik would have demolished also.

Comment

I think this would be a very competitive fight that either might win.

Pirog has the edge in boxing skills and athleticism, while Pavlik is naturally bigger and stronger.

Comment

Pirog looks to have too much movement for Pavlik. Kelly Pavlik needs to secure stay busy fights vs being on the shelf for a while. Pavlik's stock is going down while Pirog is Pavlik 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Fudo View Post
                    Pavlik ain't ****, Pirog U.Ds him or possibly stops him. Pirog can fight on the inside aswell and he does have more then enough power to hurt Pavlik.
                    Pirog is a very good fighter, but I think you're underestimating Pavlik.

Comment

Pirog stops him. Ghost has aged too much, he is not the same fighter that fought JT.

Comment

Working...
                      X