No announcement yet.

Greatest MC of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Greatest MC of all time?

Threads prolly been done a thousand times but ive been rinsing alot of Pun recently and im convinced he has a flow that is unmatched bar maybe Kane?

Rakim is probably the GOAT tho...thoughts?

Not including Jay Z as i think he is grossly overrated.
    Big Pun
    2.27%
    Kool G Rap
    2.27%
    Nas
    45.45%
    Rakim
    18.18%
    Big Daddy Kane
    4.55%
    Big L
    2.27%
    OC
    0.00%
    GhostFace
    0.00%
    Sean P
    6.82%
    Biggie
    18.18%

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    Threads prolly been done a thousand times but ive been rinsing alot of Pun recently and im convinced he has a flow that is unmatched bar maybe Kane?

Pun is nice. But some Big L. He's nasty

Comment

ATG flow, not a whole amount of substance. Also Pun only has one album worth a damn, the other was OK

Rakim is the GOAT, disappointed no Ice Cube on your list man, that's a criminal offence

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
        ATG flow, not a whole amount of substance. Also Pun only has one album worth a damn, the other was OK

Rakim is the GOAT, disappointed no Ice Cube on your list man, that's a criminal offence
        Cube???? Seriously????

lol no way, also i know Pun doesnt have a ton of albums, but what he released was pure gold, hell im still listening to the early demo stuff he did with Raekwon on Firewater,(think that was his first ever track?) and all the other guest appearances

Big L has much less tracks but he still deserves to be on the list.

Nas released what 4-5 more albums after illamatic? it was written was OK i guess, but the rest of it? its very meh.

quality over quantity IMO

Comment

No Canibus???

Comment

KRS-ONE!!! Hands down most skilled lyricist and album maker. Just google greatest mc and any respectable list either has krs or rakim as number one and the other always number 2. Krs one is the greatest and routinely ended careers in the 80's

Comment

Where is Q-tip ?

Comment

The God MC!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentblue View Post
                  No Canibus???
                  One of the most underrated and talented MC's definitely but the poll only had 10 options, unfortunately the production sucked badly on all of his albums bar rip the jacker - which stoupe of JMT did a decent job of

Originally posted by WarHagler View Post
                  Where is Q-tip ?
                  Q tip is like Large Pro, fantastic beat makers and ok MC's...but the greatest? if it was a poll for beatmakers then yes.

Originally posted by Heavyhands420 View Post
                  KRS-ONE!!! Hands down most skilled lyricist and album maker. Just google greatest mc and any respectable list either has krs or rakim as number one and the other always number 2. Krs one is the greatest and routinely ended careers in the 80's
                  Again the poll only had 10 options, love KRS, so many iconic songs, even produced a ton of his own songs, guy was a genius but compared to the guys on the list?

Comment

Cube???? Seriously????

quality over quantity IMO

You warrant quality over quantity, that's cool man...

Now tell me why Ice Cube doesn't warrant a spot on your list. Tell me why his body of work in his prime doesn't warrant a spot on your list. Tell me why AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted, Death Certificate, Kill at Will and The Predator aren't classics. Tell me why they aren't timeless, relatable even today not just to blacks anymore but to society in general.

I haven't even touched his NWA run. Tell me how he wasn't a key cog in pushing the gangster rap movement as part of the most influential rap group ever. Tell me why his material doesn't stand the test of time. 10 years ago, way past his prime, he dropped tunes such as Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It which is infinitely better than the garbage rap has been producing over the past 7 years at least.

Can somebody tell me why is Ice Cube disgustingly underrated?

Comment

Working...
                    X