Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Will Be Working Hard To Squash Rigondeaux!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
    Your absolutely right, many fighters do name drop for promotional purposes. Having said that, there are also fighters who name drop cause they actually mean it. Mickey is one of these fighters.

And just because a fighter name drops and the fight falls apart doesn't necessarily mean it's because he's being promotional. Mickey just explained why the Cotto fight didn't happen. Question is did u bother to read it ?

Everyone knows Mickey is now leary when it comes to signing to a promotional company, so why would GBP ask him to do that in order to have the fight ?
    See, Mikey did make some good points but he knew that before he called Cotto out. It's very difficult to get what you want when you aren't willing to give anything up. He's not earned that status in the sport yet. I like Mikey a lot but until he starts fighting and beating the guys he's calling out he could just look like a guy talking the talk but not really walking the walk. Some guys call guys out knowing they won't get the fight so no harm done and some people will buy it. Mikey might look that way to many despite what your or I believe his intentions to be.

Adonis is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      750k. Less than the 1m offered to Rigo (if he won).
      right, they could have offered him that... but we will see may the best man win

Comment

Rigo is the master of boring fights. Hopfully loma can force the action because if he can't we know rigo sure as **** won't push it.

Comment

Rigo i think might do enough to win this loma is somthing else but just got a sneaky feeling rigo defense and speed gets a points win hear

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
            U have a good point, but if my memory serves me correctly, I don't remember Salido doing too much "leaning on" Loma .

It seemed as if he beat Loma by mere power differential due to the weight, which made Loma very tentative in regards to letting his hands go.
            Maybe not the leaning part but brawling and inside fighting tends to be where the physical/weight difference comes into play. I think about the Donaire fight, a guy who at least punch for punch hit harder than Lom, but physicality never came into play because of the genius of Rigo and I see Lom not having a style where physicality or size comes in to play and when I look at everything, a draw or majority decision is my pick. I'll be very happy for whoever wins because they will belong in the top 5 without any doubt. If Rigo loses, I'll be very happy the little guy got a big payday that he has deserved. I think Rigo is the most underrated top 10 PFP, maybe ever.
            Last edited by richardt; 10-12-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              no excuses at all, rigo took the fight, but they could have given him that money at 126, that's my only point. may the best man win im just happy to see 2 of the greatest talkents of our time in one ring.
              Your theory assumes rigo is getting significantly more than the offer he got at 126.

From what I remember, there is virtually no change in the money. Rigo is known for screwing up his own career, don't think this is anything different.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                Rigo is the master of boring fights. Hopfully loma can force the action because if he can't we know rigo sure as **** won't push it.
                You mean Rigondeaux is so good that he made every fighter look ordinary...

Comment

Beating Gary Russell Jr, Nicholas Walters, Rigondeaux, Berchelt, Linares at a higher weight, and Mikey Garcia at a higher weight, is not what is needed for Lomachenko to become #1 pound-for-pound. That wouldn't make him #1, that would make him number 0.1. That would be lapping the field. Don't get me wrong, I hope he attempts that all, and soon, and then goes on to even more top fights multiple times per year throughout the entirety of his prime, because that is what boxing is missing these days, actual competitors trying to be the best and create ATG resumés by trying to best everyone around them and everyone who has come before... I'm just saying, that would already be way, way more than anyone else is doing.

The bar is so low in boxing right now, in terms of how many top guys are actually fighting each other, and how deep (or not) the "best" resumés in the sport are right now, that if Lomachenko beats Rigondeaux, he will already have the best three wins of any current boxer, without even needing to get to Berchelt, Linares, and Mikey Garcia. But, that's what's great about Lomachenko. If he beats Rigo, he won't just sit on that win and try to milk it for the next five years, the way Danny Garcia did after Matthysse, or Stevenson did after beating someone who had just been stopped and knocked out in sparring. If he beats Rigo, Lomachenko will immediately look for the next biggest challenge that is out there. And that is what makes a true champion that real boxing fans fans will rally around and root for.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    You mean Rigondeaux is so good that he made every fighter look ordinary...
                    Rigo is a masterful boxer, but he's still boring as fck most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                      Your theory assumes rigo is getting significantly more than the offer he got at 126.

From what I remember, there is virtually no change in the money. Rigo is known for screwing up his own career, don't think this is anything different.
                      how much is he getting now my friend? 500k?

Comment

Working...
                      X