Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd straight up ducked Cotto in 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is a gold mine with real facts.
    Everyone should save everything here, including ref vids.
    They may not be there for long.
    Thanks Vista!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
      How can you dispute video evidence with timelines and rankings included?

These guys are even trying to go back to 2004 and 2005 to excuse what Floyd did in 2007/2008. And even then, their 2005 excuse got dismantled.

I mean I can understand disputing heresay, but when you're on video ducking and when Uncle Roger knows you're supposed to fight the Mosley vs Cotto winner, there's no disputing that.
      I guess the same way you can't show a contract offer, nor disprove Arum not giving Mayweather any top rank opponents.
      Have fun..I'm sure you can pull u'r mantra with every boxer.

Cotto ducking Harris....Harris called him out...hooray!!!

Vivian Harris: Cotto was his mandatory and opted to fight for the WBO belt against Pinto.

Vivan Harris: Miguel Cotto was my mandatory and he didn't take the fight. Sometime I think that these managers and these promoters pay the networks to talk good about them. I don't pay anyone to talk good about me. I win all my fights convincingly and let my hands talk good about me. I don't tell anyone to talk good about me. I've always wanted to fight Cotto, I've called out Cotto. I wanted to fight him in Madison Square Garden and instead he fights Abdullaev.

http://www.landofsixpeoples.com/news303/ns309199.htm

Harris was set to travel to Puerto Rico for negotiations, before receiving the news that the Puerto Rican star in the making, opted to challenge Pinto for the WBO title. Cotto's name was immediately dropped from the mandatory slot, bumping up Hatton

We can do this **** all day with any boxer

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        ^^^^THE TRUTH.

Chollo can keep saying Cotto wanted it because he mentioned Mayweathers name once but the fact is Cotto never pursued Mayweather. The fact is Cotto was never that good, he was hyped for a little while that's about it.
        He acts like Cotto made a offer and Mayweather ran away....gtfoh with that ****...like these dudes fight for free.

Oh look! They called out a name...yet fail to mention the business{money making} aspect everytime....or in this case as well the pure hatred that Arum and Mayweather had toward each other.
        Last edited by Calabis; 07-23-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Calabis View Post
          I guess the same way you can't show a contract offer,
          How can you negotiate with a retired fighter that said he's done?

And for arguments sake, show me ANY contract offer. We, as fans are NEVER privy'd to that behind the scenes sensitive information. The only thing we get is what the promoters tell us and that's IF they feel like talking about it and including us. And even then, without seeing the contract hardcopy, that's still disputable.

Right now, show me the contract offer for Joshua vs Wlad. Show me the contract offer for Wilder vs Ortiz. Show me the contract offer for Spence vs Thurman or Garcia. We know they're all interested in facing each other so show me the contract offer. Show me the contract offer of Mosley vs Trinidad. They talked about fighting almost 15 years ago so show me the offer.

You can't... We as the fans don't know jack schit about behind the scenes documents for fights to get made so why are you acting like we would have that data as public information?

What we DO know is the 85 videos I've shown you of Floyd himself saying " I have nothing left to prove in the sport of boxing. I'll retire from boxing before boxing retires me". We know that as FACT, not speculation, but FACT.

This is factual evidence. I don't have time to speculate with you about behind the scenes documents that no one would have access too in the first place.
          Last edited by Chollo Vista; 07-23-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

He acts like Cotto made a offer and Mayweather ran away.
            Show me the Mayweather vs McGregor contract offer.

Show me the Ward vs Kovalev rematch clause right now.

Show me the Loma vs Rigo contract offer. Not speculation, but the actual offer.

Show me the Jacobs vs GGG contract offer.

Is Anthony Joshua not in negotiations with someone right now? Prove it, show me the offer.

Wilder is trying to fight Ortiz right now. Based off your theory, he's really not because you haven't seen the contract offer - http://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-w...-ortiz--118761

Truth is, you don't know schit just like anyone else.

What we DO know as indisputable FACT is that Mayweather was asked to fight Cotto and he replied by saying he didn't want to fight Cotto because he's RETIRED. That's not speculation, that's not heresay... That's fact my friend.

"I don't want to call out no welterweights. There's nothing left for me to do in the sport of boxing. I will retire from the sport of boxing before the sport of boxing retires me."

Floyd Mayweather Jr Dec 2007
            Last edited by Chollo Vista; 07-23-2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              Show me the Mayweather vs McGregor contract offer.

Show me the Ward vs Kovalev rematch clause right now.

Show me the Loma vs Rigo contract offer. Not speculation, but the actual offer.

Show me the Jacobs vs GGG contract offer.

Is Anthony Joshua not in negotiations with someone right now? Prove it, show me the offer.

Wilder is trying to fight Ortiz right now. Based off your theory, he's really not because you haven't seen the contract offer - http://www.boxingscene.com/deontay-w...-ortiz--118761

Truth is, you don't know schit just like anyone else.

What we DO know as indisputable FACT is that Mayweather was asked to fight Cotto and he replied by saying he didn't want to fight Cotto because he's RETIRED. That's not speculation, that's not heresay... That's fact my friend.

"I don't want to call out no welterweights. There's nothing left for me to do in the sport of boxing. I will retire from the sport of boxing before the sport of boxing retires me."

Floyd Mayweather Jr Dec 2007
              Yawn again.....you are talking **** like there was some offer made by Cotto and Mayweather ran away, so don't ask me to show ****, you are acting like existed....I already posted and other posters mentioned he already had fights planned out already

and again

Throughout his entire career, Miguel Cotto never made one offer to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. At 140 pounds, no one realistically thought Cotto was experienced enough for Mayweather and Cotto never fought any of the top four fighters at that weight.

Last but not least, since you can't get it through your head....
              THEY DON'T FIGHT FOR FREE!!!

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2420382

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

So Arum saying he would have fought him for 10 mil...means Floyd ducked...gtfoh with that bull****. oops my bad...that doesn't fit your narrative....plus Arum saying that Floyd would have fought him for 10 mil is bogus too right?
              Last edited by Calabis; 07-23-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Yawn again.....you are talking **** like there was some offer made by Cotto and Mayweather ran away, so don't ask me to show ****, you are acting like existed....l
                Just as I figured, you resort back to 2005 instead of talking about Floyd's retirement in 2007.

You mean you can't provide any contract offer? Do you even know what a contract offer looks like? How is it formatted?

I have no more time to speculate with you and dance in circles when I've already ethered every last sad attempt and you have yet to even address my lengthy response I made to your fabricated post yesterday. All you've done is changed the goal post from 2005 to now we're looking for mythical contract offers no one has ever seen, including yourself.

You want me to show you a contract offer made to Floyd after Floyd announced he was retiring from the sport of boxing in 2007 and didn't come back to 2009. Yeah that makes sense.

Comment

• Floyd has a lot of questionable decisions. I can't say for sure if Floyd ducked, but there's too many coincidences of him not fighting top welterweights to say he didn't. Does that mean I think of Floyd less as a fighter? Absolutely not, and i'd definitely favor him to beat the people most people think he should have fought. As fans we have to be honest, Floyd definitely left some fights out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    Floyd was not fighting anyone with TopRank..how hard is that to understand?? soon as Cotto left look how quick the fight was made
                    What about the Floyd PAC fight doe

We both.know floyds disdain for arum. He has never hid that sentiment. He would actually say I'm not putting a dollar in arums pocket. But that was some years later. We he "retired" he didn't say I don't want to deal with arum. He said ina complished everything I need to in boxing. Translation... I ain't fuking wit cotto right now.
                    Understanably. Cotto was still trained by evangelista, young unbeaten, terrorized the division. Floyd decided to fight Cotto when it was his best money option. At the time Canelo wasn't rip and themanny fight was not going to happen. Further Cotto was thrashed by margorito, older, having issues with weight and being trained by an ametuer coach. Yea it was real easy for Floyd to make that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                      "bob arum still owes me money from the zab judah fight and the arturo gatti fight. millions."- floyd

and i remember top rank not wanting cotto to fight floyd at one point
                      IF I remember correctly that's when both were under top rank. Arum wasn't going to do that anytime soon. Correct me if I'm wrong doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X