No announcement yet.

Why is Tim Bradley not more popular then he is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
    No way, pre Pacquiao yes but Bradley's been on a landslide for a while now. Rios is going to outwork him IMO.
    ya no doubt like i said i would not be surprised if rios pulls it off but i think bradley will out box him to be honest with u. i dont think hes on this downward trend as much as people think

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
      ya no doubt like i said i would not be surprised if rios pulls it off but i think bradley will out box him to be honest with u. i dont think hes on this downward trend as much as people think

Can't wait to see what Teddy brings to the table.

Comment

I like him. He needs to go to all haymon tr has nothing for him

Comment

He isn't a throwback fighter, he called out Khan got his opportunity then ducked the fight with "What if I lose" Danny Garcia didn't say what "If I lose to Khan" he went out there and took him out, so to suggest Bradley is a throwback fighter is wrong.

Secondly Bradley is Bradley his profile would never be that much higher, he can fight Pac a hundred times and it wouldn't change anything with his market value.

Lastly the fact that he is with Arum doesn't help his career to progress.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
            Bradley is a great fighter and cool guy from what I get but he lacks a true star-making personality and/or story.

Just seems like a blue-collar fighter but this isn't the 1930s anymore.
            This right here.

I mean, unless Bradley fights Broner or another fighter with a fan base after this one (because Rios has a base which should endear more people to Bradley), then he's just gonna keep floating around as he has the last few years as the 3rd best WW.

If he beats Brook or Canelo, then he instantly becomes #1 at 154 and 147.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
              I don't think I would consider Floyd to be a popular or beloved fighter. He made millions for being hated.
              Like I said earlier in this thread, you don't have the numbers Mayweather did because of hate alone. He had a massive fanbase that liked watching him fight.

Comment

1. The Pacquiao robbery and the fact that he thought he won.
                2. He's awkward and undisciplined in the ring. He can box well but tends to get in wars when he doesn't have the power for that.
                3. His head
                4. His girl
                5. Dawg Pound USA turned him down and so shall I.

Comment

It nothing against him! He is a great fighter!

Comment

Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
                    1. The Pacquiao robbery and the fact that he thought he won.
                    2. He's awkward and undisciplined in the ring. He can box well but tends to get in wars when he doesn't have the power for that.
                    3. His head
                    4. His girl
                    5. Dawg Pound USA turned him down and so shall I.
                    I got nothing against him, but don't feel love for him!
                    Green to you.
                    Well put!

Comment

Well it depends what you mean by "beloved', because as far as I can see fans show him a lot of love. Everytime things are posted about him on FB the people in the comments are all praising him and complimenting him, and by the way... the majority of people complimnting him are Mexican/Latino and white so the "because he's black" thing is ******ed.

Oh yeah and of course he will never reach Pacquiao level popularity because of the obvious reasons... he doesn't do anything particularly well, he isn't the fastest guy, the hardest hitting guy, the slickster.... he is an average boxer with incredible athleticism and endurance.

Comment

Working...
                      X