No announcement yet.

UFC/Boxing HW's making similar money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
    Boxing may be stagnant in America but over the last few years Boxing has grown tremendously globally. How you started the thread was pretty pathetic you state UFC/Boxing heavyweight pay is similar and take a small heavyweight Boxing matchand compare it to the biggest ufc heavyweight fight of the year. Why not compare the 2 biggest Heavyweight Boxing matches to the ufc heavyweight fight. Klitschko vs. Haye and Klitschko vs. Adamek vs. Lesnar vs. Overeem. Saul Alvarez and Shane Mosley are going to be on Mayweather undercard and they are going to get far from peanuts. Your biased attitude towards mma is pretty clear in this thread.
    I think its you who is putting the spin on this.

So according to you, Vitali-Chisora = Small Heavyweight fight
    and Alistair is apparently a huge draw in the UFC already, having never won the UFC title and fighting for the first time with the organisation.

I never stated that the boxing match was the biggest draw.... this thread was simply to state that UFC isn't as far off from boxing in the amount they pay their fighters as ppl say.

sure mayweather and pac make 15+ mill, but they are also selling 1-2 mill ppv. When the UFC starts hitting that mark on a regular basis, I'm sure they'll be bumping up the wages as well.

Comment

Ok so I was reading an article which mentioned the pay of Klitschko for his title defense against Chisora. It mentions that Klitschko was expected to earn around 2.5 million euros while Chisora was expected to earn 250k. Both of which do not include endorsements. Vitali is the consensus number 2 Heavyweight in boxing after his brother.

A Heavyweight world champion of more than one organisation yet generally ranked number 2? Who does this remind you of, may I ask? Alistair Overeem of course. And here is a link in which it shows him being paid $2.27m before endorsements. People will point out the exchange rate with euro currency being stronger than the dollar but the point still stands. The article also shows Brock Lesnar being paid an average of $2.4m for each of his UFC fights. All of which before sponsors, character likeness etc.
      Not even close. That was Overeem's total pay including once only pays like the signing bonus. Overeem really got paid less than $1m for that fight which was regarded as the biggest fight in UFC against UFC's best cash cow.

Its also interesting that you compare the UFC's biggest cash cow, Brock. Maybe we should also compare boxing's biggest cash cow, Manny/Mayweather.

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
      well lets make something clear here.... UFC hasn't been around over 100 years like boxing has.

Also, what do the rest of the fighters on a Pacquiao and Mayweather fight get? Peanuts.
      Your logic is crazy, MMA has been around as long as boxing.

The UFC is younger than TopRank (started in 1973) but older than Golden Boy (started in 2001). Moneyweather and Manny are earning huge amounts of money while JDS gets peanuts in comparison.

I would also say that undercard fighters are just as well off as UFC undercards, and can definately say that equally ranked fighters in boxing earn far more than equally ranked rivals in MMA.
      Last edited by monaroCountry; 02-24-2012, 05:27 PM.

Comment

boxer salaries are very up and down. someone like vitali could get payed 2.5mil for one fight and then get payed 20-30mil for the next. there was never any real money in a chisora fight for vitali, he fought to stay busy much to his credit.

vitali could easily make 20mil in his next fight, more than overeem made in his entire career. unlike vitali who took a BS payday by his standards overeem made far more in the lesnar fight than in any of his previous fights.

so if you look at the lowest paydays of a HW boxer, yes its about the same as the highest for an mma HW. but that doesnt accurately portray who makes the most money does it? over the course of his career i wouldnt be suprised if vitali earned more than every top10 mma HW has over the course of theirs put together.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post

sure mayweather and pac make 15+ mill, but they are also selling 1-2 mill ppv. When the UFC starts hitting that mark on a regular basis, I'm sure they'll be bumping up the wages as well.

That will never happen, Dana doesnt like sharing. Fighter pay in MMA hasnt really increased all that much. Fedor was getting paid millions in Pride and even now. UFC's big draws pretty much get paid lower or on par with Fedor's pay 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post

so if you look at the lowest paydays of a HW boxer, yes its about the same as the highest for an mma HW. but that doesnt accurately portray who makes the most money does it? over the course of his career i wouldnt be suprised if vitali earned more than every top10 mma HW has over the course of theirs put together.

100% agree, you my man isa scholar and a gentlemen.

Comment

So you're comparing the cash cow of the UFC to Vitali?

Why not compare the Cash cow of UFC to the Cash cow of boxing?

Comment

The thing is that UFC is a brand. It's not the entire sport, being the most popular promotion in the sport they can pretty much set the bar on what the average purse is. It's not like boxing where boxers can work with different promoters and such to give themselves the lions share of the revenue. Boxing promoters can even co promote. I can tell you one thing though, if boxing was ran like the UFC Pac/May would've already happened....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  The thing is that UFC is a brand. It's not the entire sport, being the most popular promotion in the sport they can pretty much set the bar on what the average purse is. It's not like boxing where boxers can work with different promoters and such to give themselves the lions share of the revenue. Boxing promoters can even co promote. I can tell you one thing though, if boxing was ran like the UFC Pac/May would've already happened....
                  That's why Couture-Fedor happened, right.

Your statement makes the assumption that the UFC is the entire sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                    That's why Couture-Fedor happened, right.

Your statement makes the assumption that the UFC is the entire sport.
                    Sorry, if they where both signed under the UFC it would've happened. UFC are the ones that stopped the Couture/Fedor fight with their bull**** contracts.....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                      Sorry, if they where both signed under the UFC it would've happened. UFC are the ones that stopped the Couture/Fedor fight with their bull**** contracts.....
                      So than, saying "if boxing was organized like UFC" is really no different from saying "if boxing was organized like Bob Arum's Top Rank Promotions."

Get the point?

Comment

Working...
                      X