Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans trying to defend Povetkin after he tested positive makes me sick!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
    It's saddening imo that the same people who defended Floyd Mayweather for blatantly cheating and using steroids are the same ones right now chastising Povetkin, It is only then you realize the true agenda that some people really have.
    You are a pathetic human being.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Definitely a weird ass situation. I don't recall a situation where someone got caught for something like this where there was so much passionate defense by many. And I say this as a cat who thinks much of this PED **** is nutty at best & go into devils advocate mode with it often or just consider the fighters side of it often.
      I'm quite baffled and disgusted at the number of posters actually blaming Wilder for this situation. I can understand people wanting to downplay the extent of Povetkin's crimes here since there are certain grey areas regarding the drug due to its recent ban, but there's no way in hell that Wilder can be held in any part responsible for this fight falling through.

Comment

op shut the fuk up you pvssy.

Comment

Here's the truth of it all.

Wilder needed this fight. That's a fact. He needed a big name. This name would have put the heavyweight domain on notice.

Povetkin failed a test he shouldn't have for a substance that is banned under dubious circumstances.

The amount was trace. Nowhere near enough to warrant such a fiasco.

Meldonium is an over-the-counter drug. Readily available, readily accessible, used by both athletes and non-athletes for whatever reasons.

You've got two sides. People who blindly follow the rules and people who dig deeper into what's going on.

Now here's where I diverge.

I think Wilder would beat Povetkin after having early trouble. I think Povetkin's reach would cause him to lose the fight ultimately. So no, I'm not defending Povetkin as a fighter.

Where I and many others are having issues with this situation is with the drug, the timing of the finding and the trace amount. It all stinks.

1. It's an over the counter drug. It'd be like failing a test for naproxin (i.e. Advil) and them saying it gives you a performance boost because it numbs your head. Just because they say so, with no evidence of such on a healthy fighter.

2. It was TRACE AMOUNTS. Just prior to this they said the trace amounts were acceptable so long as the finding was prior to the end of March. So they're ok with the drug, just not a lot of it? You're either banning the drug or you're not. This is fishy.

3. He just happens to fail a test for trace amounts A WEEK BEFORE THE FIGHT and after passing 3 tests? Really? This is fishy.

I'm sorry, but the whole situation just doesn't make sense, and I'm not one of those to just blindly say "welp, your Advil's banned doe!" Screw that. If it's a true anabolic steroid worthy of attention, I'm all for a ban. If he was literally sweating meldonium, I'm all for a ban because there's no reason to have that much in the system if it's therapeutic use.

But under the current facts, the situation is suspect. That's why I support Povetkin this one time.

Now, if later the fight is scheduled and he fails for an anabolic, ban him. Period point blank, as Broner would say.

Comment

It's more race based than it being a case of nationalism.

I've always said that there's an anti-black group of posters on here that live through these European boxers the same way those pro black posters that support everything Floyd and other black fighters do and also live through him. But they never get called out for it in the same way.

Like another guy said, none of these guys really cared about Povetkin till he became Wilder's mandatory so they were going to see one of "their own" KO the black champion. They want it by any means, even if their guy is cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Code Red View Post
              Wilder is African American, racism is greater than nationalism for most of the "fans" you described. Country has nothing to do with it just the color of his skin
              its ****ed up, but people can hide behind a keyboard without saying how they truly feel. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that people will ride with who they can relate to or looks like them.

A lot of white americans cling to the euro fighters. I think the last very good white champion we have was Kelly Pavlik. He could have been a hall of famer IMO had he had a run at 168/. they are good fighters over their but Most countries support their own. American fans look at race.

Its hard to be patriotic when you get love from other countries more than your own. P4P greats Like Hopkins, Ward, Roy Jones, Mayweather and others have all made it clear how they feel on the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                It's more race based than it being a case of nationalism.

I've always said that there's an anti-black group of posters on here that live through these European boxers the same way those pro black posters that support everything Floyd and other black fighters do and also live through him. But they never get called out for it in the same way.

Like another guy said, none of these guys really cared about Povetkin till he became Wilder's mandatory so they were going to see one of "their own" KO the black champion. They want it by any means, even if their guy is cheating.
                who will have the cajones to admit it?

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Wilder needed this fight. That's a fact. He needed a big name. This name would have put the heavyweight domain on notice.

Povetkin failed a test he shouldn't have for a substance that is banned under dubious circumstances.

Meldonium is an over-the-counter drug. Readily available, readily accessible, used by both athletes and non-athletes for whatever reasons.

You've got two sides. People who blindly follow the rules and people who dig deeper into what's going on.

I think Wilder would beat Povetkin after having early trouble. I think Povetkin's reach would cause him to lose the fight ultimately. So no, I'm not defending Povetkin as a fighter.

Where I and many others are having issues with this situation is with the drug, the timing of the finding and the trace amount. It all stinks.

1. It's an over the counter drug. It'd be like failing a test for naproxin (i.e. Advil) and them saying it gives you a performance boost because it numbs your head. Just because they say so, with no evidence of such on a healthy fighter.

2. It was TRACE AMOUNTS. Just prior to this they said the trace amounts were acceptable so long as the finding was prior to the end of March. So they're ok with the drug, just not a lot of it? You're either banning the drug or you're not. This is fishy.

3. He just happens to fail a test for trace amounts A WEEK BEFORE THE FIGHT and after passing 3 tests? Really? This is fishy.

I'm sorry, but the whole situation just doesn't make sense, and I'm not one of those to just blindly say "welp, your Advil's banned doe!" Screw that. If it's a true anabolic steroid worthy of attention, I'm all for a ban. If he was literally sweating meldonium, I'm all for a ban because there's no reason to have that much in the system if it's therapeutic use.

But under the current facts, the situation is suspect. That's why I support Povetkin this one time.

Now, if later the fight is scheduled and he fails for an anabolic, ban him. Period point blank, as Broner would say.
                  ^^^ Interesting angle.

The issue per se must be thoroughly addressed at solved by WADA ( I suppose).

(I don't support anybody outside the rule of law/regulations.)

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Test on 7th of April = Negative
                    8th of April= Negative
                    13th of April= Negative

27th of April= Positive!

How could that be just a trace? if it was a trace it would've gotten recognized in the earlier tests already.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                      Test on 7th of April = Negative
                      8th of April= Negative
                      13th of April= Negative

27th of April= Positive!

How could that be just a trace? if it was a trace it would've gotten recognized in the earlier tests already.
                      Did you read the articles? It was under 1mg. That's trace amounts.

WADA's range was 1 -7mg not three months ago. They gave an exception for any amounts under 1mg as long as the test was before end of March.

Now all of a sudden, two weeks after passing a test, he fails a test for trace amounts.

That's suspect. I don't know how others don't see that.

Comment

Working...
                      X