Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Question: Why is the double punch not allowed by refs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by etw926 View Post
    Maybe you should take Floyd's balls out of your mouth. What do you think?
    He is not. He likes to juggle balls to much

Comment

Compubox cant score 2 punches at the same, so it would get an inaccurate number at the last bell.

Comment

Yep, like someone else said I heard its potentially bad for ear drums.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Yep, like someone else said I heard its potentially bad for ear drums.

And this is not? I have never seen a double punch thrown with any real power in boxing tbh think its more silly than anything.

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          Compubox cant score 2 punches at the same, so it would get an inaccurate number at the last bell.
          God forbid we mess up them perfect compubox scores.

Comment

It's not something that just some referees don't allow. It is against the rules and no referee will allow it. It is a silly punch and no fighter has ever been hurt by a double punch that I know of. Backhand punches are also against the rules. I don't know why these punches are illegal but they are. If you throw a punch with both hands at the same time it's impossible to turn any weight into such a punch and so the punch has very little power. You can tell that Pacquiao's double punch has no effect on Clottey and does not hurt him at all. The hard damaging blows are properly thrown one handed punches with as much body weight as possible turned into the punch. Double punches are really harmless. I think Pacquiao was just frustrated with Clottey not fighting back but just covering up in a tight shell. Pacquiao likes to put on exciting fights.

Comment

Originally posted by etw926 View Post
              Maybe you should take Floyd's balls out of your mouth. What do you think?
              Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
              I swear i could be talking about enemas and **** would turn into a Floyd/Pac thread somehow lol.
              Its ridiculous, seriously.

Comment

I see no problem here

Comment

The eardrum answer is correct. Clapping both sides of someone's ears the way Pacqiao did can cause instant death due to air pressure that can't escape (which is why single shots are "safer" to answer an earlier poster). A double punch to the face as in the Augustus clip is no biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    Its ridiculous, seriously.
                    Seriously, if you don't have anything to contribute but to criticize other posters then better for you not to post at all. smdh

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                      i heard it pops ear drums?
                      not all dragon punches are on the sides like that some guys shoot a double punch straight down the pipe. I think emmanuel augustus used to do this if I'm not mistaken?

Comment

Working...
                      X