Collapse
No announcement yet.

On This Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just a kid but I remember vividly Tyson getting knocked out. I remember my brothers swearing and yelling and when it was over the whole room was quiet til the show was off the air.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      23 years ago today the entire world was shocked to see Mike Tyson on the canvas trying to find his mouth piece as referee Octavio Meyran counted ten.

EDIT: Yesterday we missed the 49th anniversary of Ali winning the heavyweight title for the first time in the 6th round against Sonny Liston

Comment

Today in boxing, 1966, Cassius Clay carved up Henry Cooper for a TKO 6

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Today in boxing, 1966, Cassius Clay carved up Henry Cooper for a TKO 6
          That fight made Cooper the second person in a trivia question...who were the only two boxers to fight both Cassius Clay and Muhammad Ali?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            That fight made Cooper the second person in a trivia question...who were the only two boxers to fight both Cassius Clay and Muhammad Ali?
            Lol im sure ive actually came across that in a boxing quiz!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Liston of course being the obvious one, Cooper being the other.

Edwin Valero made his comeback fight after an injury in 2005.
              Last edited by SBleeder; 05-21-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                23 years ago today the entire world was shocked to see Mike Tyson on the canvas trying to find his mouth piece as referee Octavio Meyran counted ten.
                I believe Meyran was also the ref the the now infamous Leonard-Duran 2 "no mas" fight.

Comment

On this day 1993 Roy Jones Jnr. scored a Unanimous Decision over Bernard Hopkins to capture the vacant IBF middleweight title belt

Comment

Today in 1953 Marvin Hagler was born

Happy Birthday Marvin!

Comment

Love Marvin Hagler. Not just a boxer, but an all-time great middleweight and a FIGHTER.

Comment

Working...
                      X