No announcement yet.

Who would win at 140? Ricky Hatton vs Marcos Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would win at 140? Ricky Hatton vs Marcos Maidana

If Ricky was still in his prime and went up against Maidana how will this fight go?

Hatton would murder him,it would be brutal and fun too watch but theres only one winner,ricky by stoppage

Comment

I would pick Hatton, not by Murder though. He didn't dominate 140lbs, he was just a bit better and had a lot of strength and decent speed for that weight class.

Maidana would give him a good fight even hurt him at some point but probably lose in the end.

Hatton was a good 140lb fighter however, some people forget that. Even after Mayweather wooped him he still came back and crush Malignaggi who was a good 140lb fighter as well.

Comment

Hatton does everything better than Maidana. Maidana doesn't like body shots and Hatton had vicious bodywork. A late stoppage for Hatton after a gruelling bout.

Comment

Both fighters will take punishment but Ricky will come out on top.

Hatton is just simply better than Maidanna.

Comment

One sided bout for Ricky, but I can see Maidana getting his licks in. I think Ricky would probably have more trouble with Maidana than he would with Khan.

Comment

oh man ricky goes underrated at these boards

almost as bad a manny pacquiao by the non - philipinos

you serious, brother?
              like, are you serious?

ricky hatton was a monster at 140

he's the fighter maidana wishes he was

he had great feet
              he worked constantly

he'd grind maidana down to bones in his prime

ricky hatton is a sure fire hall of famer on his work at 140 (and gathering a huge following doesnt hurt)

his stoppage losses against the top p4p fighter in the world shouldnt muck all of that work he did, though i can see how it's easy to forget

the lasting image in my mind of ricky will be on the canvas and out cold
              but he was a terrific fighter at 140 in his prime
              and chino is not
              he's as flawed as can be

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                oh man ricky goes underrated at these boards

almost as bad a manny pacquiao by the non - philipinos

you serious, brother?
                like, are you serious?

ricky hatton was a monster at 140

he's the fighter maidana wishes he was

he had great feet
                he worked constantly

he'd grind maidana down to bones in his prime

ricky hatton is a sure fire hall of famer on his work at 140 (and gathering a huge following doesnt hurt)

his stoppage losses against the top p4p fighter in the world shouldnt muck all of that work he did, though i can see how it's easy to forget

the lasting image in my mind of ricky will be on the canvas and out cold
                but he was a terrific fighter at 140 in his prime
                and chino is not
                he's as flawed as can be
                Not so sure about that, bro.

He might get into the HOF but by no means is he a sure fire HOF. Atleast not IMO.

But I guess he has as much right as Barry Mcguigan does.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Not so sure about that, bro.

He might get into the HOF but by no means is he a sure fire HOF. Atleast not IMO.

But I guess he has as much right as Barry Mcguigan does.

i dont know if he's getting in on his first ballot. in fact i'd be shocked if he does.

but i'm guessing he gets in without much resistance from the writers before 2020 or so.

with the way the game is looking, brother, you've got to pick the best of what's given
                  it's not going to always be on par with past eras.

i see where you are coming from. he's going to be one of the least skilled men in the hall, and will have a relatively weak ledger compared to his hallmates. he didn't do tremendous work internationally. he lost his biggest fights.

but ricky hatton was a hell of a fighter at 140
                  and he was one of the more beloved fighters of his era
                  he was a top tier p4p fighter for many years
                  he lost twice to the world's best p4p fighter, guys who will get in five years to the day from their retirement.

hall worthy after some years of purgatory in the eyes of this old goat
                  Last edited by New England; 04-14-2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Now THIS is a fight that pretty much guarantees you get your moneys worth!

And it's mostly because of Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                    X