Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sister’s eulogy reveals Steve Jobs’ final words

A sister’s eulogy reveals Steve Jobs’ final words
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 · 11:08 pm · 58 Comments

“I grew up as an only child, with a single mother. Because we were poor and because I knew my father had emigrated from Syria, I imagined he looked like Omar Sharif. I hoped he would be rich and kind and would come into our lives (and our not yet furnished apartment) and help us,” Mona Simpson writes for The New York Times. “Later, after I’d met my father, I tried to believe he’d changed his number and left no forwarding address because he was an idealistic revolutionary, plotting a new world for the Arab people.”
    “Even as a feminist, my whole life I’d been waiting for a man to love, who could love me,” Simpson writes. “For decades, I’d thought that man would be my father. When I was 25, I met that man and he was my brother.”

Simpson writes, “What I learned from my brother’s death was that character is essential: What he was, was how he died… Steve’s final words were: OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW.”

Read more in the full article – with the highest recommendation – here.

Why was he saying that?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      Why was he saying that?

Comment

Technically Android wasn't a stolen product because didn't Steve Jobs basically give out ideas that he didn't copyright? A stolen idea because he told them what he wanted in a device but thats about it.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
          Technically Android wasn't a stolen product because didn't Steve Jobs basically give out ideas that he didn't copyright? A stolen idea because he told them what he wanted in a device but thats about it.
          now that this thread was made, i have a question, maybe you or iBreakbeat can answer them.

how and why exactly is it that jobs is considered this mythical-status pioneer? i read about the guy who presented the iPod to Jobs now made a hip digital thermostat

so let me get this straight. the iPod was that man's idea, but somehow the credit goes to Jobs for revolutionizing the industry?

no flaming, i'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            Why was he saying that?

A good question, the whole eulogy is a great insight into him though.

Comment

for the record, i'm considering getting Steve Jobs on amazon kindle, and for kicks i'll read it on my HTC Evo.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post

Steve Jobs mentored the Google founders, he was trying to help them out when they first started. They repaid him by stealing from Apple.

Originally posted by r ! z View Post
                now that this thread was made, i have a question, maybe you or iBreakbeat can answer them.

how and why exactly is it that jobs is considered this mythical-status pioneer? i read about the guy who presented the iPod to Jobs now made a hip digital thermostat

so let me get this straight. the iPod was that man's idea, but somehow the credit goes to Jobs for revolutionizing the industry?

no flaming, i'm serious.

Lots of Apple employees invented stuff while working for the company; Steve Jobs had final say and a vision of what he wanted the created though.

Every product made when he was there had his fingerprints all over them.

A good insight into what he was like from Jonathan Ive the head designer:

Last edited by COVID-19; 10-31-2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Hi, mah name iBreakbeet, i wurship Steve Jobs cah he wa a gr8 man like the gr8est and most intellyjant and most originalest man hu ever live n i also dont know there is no apostrophe in "lots", thx 4 listenin bye.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSTAM View Post
                    Hi, mah name iBreakbeet, i wurship Steve Jobs cah he wa a gr8 man like the gr8est and most intellyjant and most originalest man hu ever live n i also dont know there is no apostrophe in "lots", thx 4 listenin bye.
                    Haha.....I didn't realise I did that, my typing is shot to **** nowadays. I keep on doing that.

Comment

Working...
                    X