Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name 1 Figher Who Clinches & Hugs/Hold More Than Wladimir Klitschko...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's one of the worst fights i've ever seen, still don't know why i didn't change the channel. probably the worst HW championship fight in the history

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
      You can hear a fan from the audience tell Grabimir to "Fight"...he said it like 3 times at 16:56 of this video when Grabimir initiates a hold on pedvetkin...

Hahaha this black dude in Russia stands up and yell FIGHT! love it,guy wanted refund after fight,dude was mad af

Comment

John Ruiz did. Wladimir just developed a horrible habit of holding when in close and it got worse as he got older and didn't have the legs to move around as much.

John Ruiz's style was "jab and grab" and was more less based on holding and hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
          that's one of the worst fights i've ever seen, still don't know why i didn't change the channel. probably the worst HW championship fight in the history
          Did you see Byrd vs. TOS Williamson? There wasn't as much clinching but these guys barely threw a punch. At one point I think the ref said to them "You guys gotta fight"

But yea Wlad vs. Povetkin was painful to watch, although I don't entirely blame Wladimir for everything. Povetkin's game plan was to charge in with his head pointed at Wlad's stomach and Wlad's reflexes had clearly diminished so he couldn't always throw a punch.

Comment

It was a horrifically bad fight to watch. I was hoping wlad would retire afterwards. But no another barnstormer against fury

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              John Ruiz did. Wladimir just developed a horrible habit of holding when in close and it got worse as he got older and didn't have the legs to move around as much.

John Ruiz's style was "jab and grab" and was more less based on holding and hitting.
              john the hugger ruiz.watching any of his fights is close to torture.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                john the hugger ruiz.watching any of his fights is close to torture.
                In a hypothetical match up, Chris Byrd vs. John Ruiz would probably one of the most painfully boring fights of all time. That might be one of the reasons why nobody pushed for this fight happening, despite being both active and in their primes at the same time.

Comment

andre ward is pretty bad at it, but yeah, that fight against povetkin was something else. Just as i dont count kessler as a win for ward, i dont count povetkin as a win for wlad.

Comment

Wlad did Pedvetkin dirty...

Comment

Clinching is a part of boxing and always has been, but wlad was kind of excessive with it in some fights, cant really blame him though, if his opponent cant find an answer than he will just keep doing it.

Comment

Working...
                      X