Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander Povetkin Expects To Fight Anthony Joshua in The Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
    Well, 50% considering wilder is 40-0 with 39 knockouts, WBC champion from America.. carrying the last piece of the undisputed puzzle.. with the full American media, and American fan base.. American ppv buys.. and everyone knows that AJ isn't in the ring shadow boxing.. its all about the level of threat which sells tickets.. an Wilder is the most dangerous heavyweight. So everyone in the boxing world will be watching to see if wilder KO's AJ!!! Wilder is taller 6'7, faster, more athletic.. and extremely hostile. Need I say more? But Wilder wants 40% so I think that's what he should get!!
    Wilder is just a champ in America with one belt out of 5 belts with no ppv records and fight for an average of 1.5mil.
    15mil for wilder is almost X10 of his average pay. That's retirement money.
    He is bring less than 20% to the image of this unification, he doesn't deserve anything more than 15mil and that's a fact.
    Imagine if AJ fight doesn't pull through, how much can he earn fighting breazeale being the A side? Of course we all know showtime and haymon never believed in him.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      why HEARN didnt just offer him at least 35% is beyond me. Wilder said he would take 40% to go to the uk but hearn said he wasnt worth a percentage, if hearn offered at least 35% then the 50mil and uk wouldnt even be an issue
      My guess is that as part of his negotiating strategy he began with a relatively low flat fee so that he had some room to manoevre in the negotiating process.

If he went in with 35 Finkel would set that as the starting point to negotiate upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
        Wilder is just a champ in America with one belt out of 5 belts with no ppv records and fight for an average of 1.5mil.
        15mil for wilder is almost X10 of his average pay. That's retirement money.
        He is bring less than 20% to the image of this unification, he doesn't deserve anything more than 15mil and that's a fact.
        Imagine if AJ fight doesn't pull through, how much can he earn fighting breazeale being the A side? Of course we all know showtime and haymon never believed in him.
        aj turned down 50mil and hearn didn't offer wilder a percentage. wilder asked for 40% to come to the uk and hearn said he wasn't worth it. everything else doesn't matter in concerning this fight... those are the facts, hearn never wanted this fight next, if he did he would have at least offered 35% and tried to negotiate and not some dumb flat fee. you are a fan that is comfortable hiding behind your fighters numbers which don't benefit you"10x his pay, aj makes more millions than wilder, retirement money" bla bla bla. what the hell does that matter to you sir? If you truly wanted to see this fight you would call out hearn for his hypocrisy, even my homie from the uk who is a big unreasonable aj fan came to his senses and saw that hearn never wanted this fight to happen next, wake up.... its okay.

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
          Well, 50% considering wilder is 40-0 with 39 knockouts, WBC champion from America.. carrying the last piece of the undisputed puzzle.. with the full American media, and American fan base.. American ppv buys.. and everyone knows that AJ isn't in the ring shadow boxing.. its all about the level of threat which sells tickets.. an Wilder is the most dangerous heavyweight. So everyone in the boxing world will be watching to see if wilder KO's AJ!!! Wilder is taller 6'7, faster, more athletic.. and extremely hostile. Need I say more? But Wilder wants 40% so I think that's what he should get!!
          Wait, so having 1 out of the 4 main belts, while being one of the least followed US Heavyweight Champions in history with ZERO FIGHTS on PPV in his entire career, entitles him to 50% of the pie against the biggest Heavyweight PPV draw, with 3 out of 4 belts, and a proven record of selling out 80,000+ seat arenas?

Wilder has literally sold as many PPV's as you and I have.

This garbage is why people think Wilder fans have the combined IQ of a brick. You say "need I say more?" - well yes, you should start with saying something that doesn't make you look like a ****ing idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
            Wait, so having 1 out of the 4 main belts, while being one of the least followed US Heavyweight Champions in history with ZERO FIGHTS on PPV in his entire career, entitles him to 50% of the pie against the biggest Heavyweight PPV draw, with 3 out of 4 belts, and a proven record of selling out 80,000+ seat arenas?

Wilder has literally sold as many PPV's as you and I have.

This garbage is why people think Wilder fans have the combined IQ of a brick. You say "need I say more?" - well yes, you should start with saying something that doesn't make you look like a ****ing idiot.
            why didnt hearn offer him a percentage????? why are you ignoring aj turning down 50mill? we and wilder all know aj is the a side, but why didnt hearn negotiate a percentage if he wanted to make the fight? i mean damn at least affter 30% wilder said he would go to the uk for 40% but hearn said he wasnt worth it??? you as a fan should at least call that bullsht. wilder offered aj 50million and it was turned down!!! you agree with that as well??? I dont understand your logic as a fan, ppv and stadium numbers will never trump these facts.

Comment

The thing with the percentages is Wilder likely should end up with close to parity in the UK based on a couple of things even though Joshua is the bigger name of the two.

1) Team Joshua knows the fights is worth more in the US and is saying that isn't important we want homefield, fair enough if that is what is important. Wilder shouldn't be the one taking a haircut because that decision though they should be paying him on the bigger pay scale.

2) Wilder should be paid to travel, all other champions are and this is a massive fight.

Based on those factors Wilder should be paid very well and while Joshua has every right to be paid more Wilder should end up way closer to parity than many would think, if he wants to accept less fair enough but him holding firm is fair also.

Comment

aj turned down 50mil and hearn didn't offer wilder a percentage. wilder asked for 40% to come to the uk and hearn said he wasn't worth it. everything else doesn't matter in concerning this fight... those are the facts, hearn never wanted this fight next, if he did he would have at least offered 35% and tried to negotiate and not some dumb flat fee. you are a fan that is comfortable hiding behind your fighters numbers which don't benefit you"10x his pay, aj makes more millions than wilder, retirement money" bla bla bla. what the hell does that matter to you sir? If you truly wanted to see this fight you would call out hearn for his hypocrisy, even my homie from the uk who is a big unreasonable aj fan came to his senses and saw that hearn never wanted this fight to happen next, wake up.... its okay.
                You can't be asking for 40% as a B side when you are bringing about 20% to the fight.
                How many % did he give to Ortiz as the A side? Ortiz got less than 25% in that fight and some lunatic still label him the bogeyman of the division.
                Showtime couldn't pay me him 3mil for 40 fights, what does that tell you? They never believed in him as a draw.
                What ever this fight will generate is largely because of AJ.

Comment

why didnt hearn offer him a percentage????? why are you ignoring aj turning down 50mill? we and wilder all know aj is the a side, but why didnt hearn negotiate a percentage if he wanted to make the fight? i mean damn at least affter 30% wilder said he would go to the uk for 40% but hearn said he wasnt worth it??? you as a fan should at least call that bullsht. wilder offered aj 50million and it was turned down!!! you agree with that as well??? I dont understand your logic as a fan, ppv and stadium numbers will never trump these facts.
                  How can you offer % to a champ that has never been on ppv?
                  Are you kidding me?
                  Wilder should be begging for this fight because he has far more to gain than AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    The thing with the percentages is Wilder likely should end up with close to parity in the UK based on a couple of things even though Joshua is the bigger name of the two.

1) Team Joshua knows the fights is worth more in the US and is saying that isn't important we want homefield, fair enough if that is what is important. Wilder shouldn't be the one taking a haircut because that decision though they should be paying him on the bigger pay scale.

2) Wilder should be paid to travel, all other champions are and this is a massive fight.

Based on those factors Wilder should be paid very well and while Joshua has every right to be paid more Wilder should end up way closer to parity than many would think, if he wants to accept less fair enough but him holding firm is fair also.
                    He didn't know when he was blabbing it's not about the money, I can fight anywhere, I want to unify the division.
                    The stage is set, it's now 40% or nothing.
                    See you in summer 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                      How can you offer % to a champ that has never been on ppv?
                      Are you kidding me?
                      Wilder should be begging for this fight because he has far more to gain than AJ.
                      was parker ever on PPV??? did he get a percentage? Wilder begged for the fight by offering aj 50mil, wtf is wrong with you people? im done, you are not capable of being reasonable there is no need to communicate with someone this blinded, have a good one sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X