Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Does Jack Johnson Get a Pass on Opposition while Marciano Does Not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Nope, not wrong. You still haven't told us how McVea and Jeannette were prime fighters of the era, or what made them so special to begin with. Watch the footage that was posted of their fights, they are straight up and down, nothing special. I know your fragile ego won't allow you to admit when you are wrong, but this thread and another I posted have done a fairly thorough job at exposing some of the myths about Johnson and other fighters of that era. Langford was still the best of the black HW's of that era, and he was actually the size of a MW.
    LMAO. Your thread failed, dude.

We all know why you bow down to only Langford. Simply because Dempsey admit he was scared of him, so you know that if you don't give Langford props, you're a sitting duck for that come back.

You aren't fooling anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
      lol. Good luck trying to talk sense into that guy. He clearly has an agenda.

There are also various articles and sources about Johnson trying to fight those guys after becoming champion but always the money getting pulled off the table.

Don't even bother wasting your time.
      Yea I'm done this guy going off boxrec and wiki.Had to laugh when he used Johnson record AFTER Willard fight.

Comment

Nope, not wrong. You still haven't told us how McVea and Jeannette were prime fighters of the era, or what made them so special to begin with. Watch the footage that was posted of their fights, they are straight up and down, nothing special. I know your fragile ego won't allow you to admit when you are wrong, but this thread and another I posted have done a fairly thorough job at exposing some of the myths about Johnson and other fighters of that era. Langford was still the best of the black HW's of that era, and he was actually the size of a MW.
        Dude your lost really quit now.Now your trying to say that all these black fighters suck but Johnson(who already beat them all multiple times)still ducked them? Your going around in circles with yourself.Guess that's the only person who would believe that crap.And you do know boxing(and the skills)has evolved since 1910 right?And you are ONLY one to think these guys were not top fighters of day.What did his grandchild drop you on your head?
        Last edited by john l; 04-06-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          LMAO. Your thread failed, dude.

We all know why you bow down to only Langford. Simply because Dempsey admit he was scared of him, so you know that if you don't give Langford props, you're a sitting duck for that come back.

You aren't fooling anyone.
          I really think he may have fooled himself.Then again maybe he just cant admit he dnsab at least that era.

Comment

• Originally posted by john l View Post
            Yea I'm done this guy going off boxrec and wiki.Had to laugh when he used Johnson record AFTER Willard fight.
            Originally posted by john l View Post
            Dude your lost really quit now.Now your trying to say that all these black fighters suck but Johnson(who already beat them all multiple times)still ducked them? Your going around in circles with yourself.Guess that's the only person who would believe that crap.And you do know boxing(and the skills)has evolved since 1910 right?And you are ONLY one to think these guys were not top fighters of day.What did his grandchild drop you on your head?
            The fact that you agree with anything Travesty has to say already makes you suspect. Then again, the two of you clowns follow the same posting M.O., so no surprises there.

Travesty hijacked this thread as he does most others in order to discredit Dempsey. His own threads failed miserably and he is still on his agenda, much the same way you are. You are arguing with yourself at this point in an effort to get in the last word just like your clueless cohort.

I am of the opinion that Johnson was overrated, and I don't need anyone else to validate me or support my opinion. Not you, not Travista, and certainly not anyone else whose opinion doesn't count any more or any less than mine.

Comment

The fact that you agree with anything Travesty has to say already makes you suspect. Then again, the two of you clowns follow the same posting M.O., so no surprises there.

Travesty hijacked this thread as he does most others in order to discredit Dempsey. His own threads failed miserably and he is still on his agenda, much the same way you are. You are arguing with yourself at this point in an effort to get in the last word just like your clueless cohort.

I am of the opinion that Johnson was overrated, and I don't need anyone else to validate me or support my opinion. Not you, not Travista, and certainly not anyone else whose opinion doesn't count any more or any less than mine.
              Yes EDUCATED opinions count more sry

Comment

Yes EDUCATED opinions count more sry
                Yet you haven't provided one.

Comment

Yet you haven't provided one.
                  lol ok you will never learn with that attitude.

Comment

lol ok you will never learn with that attitude.
                    You're obviously trolling now. Done.

Comment

I really think he may have fooled himself.Then again maybe he just cant admit he dnsab at least that era.
                      I think you struck a nerve with him. Good. Maybe he will finally learn something!

Comment

Working...
                      X