Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allan Green comeback on Fox Sports undercard!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Haymon finally gotten revenge for this?

http://www.**********.com/pag/article.php?aid=19207

January 26, 2010
    AL HAYMON: HIS TACTICS AND HOW TO OVERCOME
    By G. Leon

In 2009, Allan Green made two victorious appearances on Showtime in a matter of five and half months. On April 27th, he stopped Carlos De Leon, Jr. in the second round and on October 2nd, Green handed Tarvis Simms his first loss. During this time, our promoter, Lou DiBella, lead us to believe that Allan was already the unofficial first alternate into the Super Six World Boxing Classic based on his two recent wins on the network, the second of which came after Green decided to stay with Showtime instead of fighting Sakio Bika on rival HBO's Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Juan Manuel Marquez pay-per-view show.

We thought it made sense. We thought wrong, because here comes Sakio Bika, one of Al Haymon's newest signees. Despite fighting one meaningless off-TV fight in 2009, Bika suddenly becomes the guy Allan Green has to fight to get into the Super Six tournament and if we don't fight him Bika walks in.

Why Bika?

Is it possible that Haymon, who also represents Jermain Taylor, presented the network with a cheaper alternative to Allan Green in the form of Bika?

Haymon's timing was perfect if you believe the widespread reports that Jermain Taylor was bought out of his spot in the Super Six after getting brutally knocked out by Arthur Abraham.

After six weeks of posturing or doing his best to get us every penny he can, our promoter finally presents us with a formal offer to fight Sakio Bika on February 5th.

If there is such a thing as an offer you can't refuse, I believe there is also such a thing as an offer you cannot accept. Was it time for Allan Green to receive one?

Allan Green's final offer to fight Bika on February 5th was for the same money he made in his previous two wins against lesser opposition. An offer for less than Haymon himself was willing to spend out of Floyd Mayweather's pocket to put Green on the Mayweather-Marquez card.

But Allan Green and I said yes faster than Dan Rafael would've written something to the effect that this marked the second time we turned Bika down.

Why did we accept the offer and sign the contract? Because we knew what we were doing. We knew it was only a matter of time.

If I talk to DiBella ten times a day, DiBella and Haymon probably speak thirty times a day. I've lost count on how many times I've eloquently articulated my thoughts on this situation to DiBella, many times in a regrettably vulgar manner.

However, Allan and I did know that DiBella was informing Haymon EVERYTHING I was telling him and we did know that I was pretty convincing.

We did know that we were being told about Jermain Taylor bowing out for months before Ozell Nelson told me that the only thing Haymon said was that Jermain's fight with Ward was being moved from March to April.

If we knew that we're dealing with somebody who tends to withhold or misinform his fighters, should we think that Sakio Bika is being told the whole truth?

Is it possible Bika was being told that he's walking into to the tournament? Jeff Wald, who still has a vested interest in Bika, confirmed to us that they were "at first" instructed by Haymon that Bika would be walking into the tournament.

Why would Haymon do such a thing? Because if Lou was relaying my messages verbatim, there's no way he expected us to accept the February 5th offer. By the time we did, Allan had already been training for six weeks. If Bika didn't know he was facing Green, is it possible Bika wouldn't be ready for February 5th?

We thought so, which is why we requested the contract clearly and specifically state that if either guy couldn't perform on February 5th, the other boxer, in this case, us, automatically becomes the replacement.

We knew the end was near when more than one source told us that Haymon was actually lobbying on our behalf to HBO. He allegedly voiced his strong opinion that Allan Green and not Edison Miranda, should fight Lucian Bute.

Why would Haymon do that?

Because if we fight Bute, Haymon dodges a bullet and Bika walks into the tournament. He REALLY NEEDED that to happen because he knew that HBO wouldn't be interested in Bute-Bika II (Bute already beat Bika) and Bika probably wouldn't be ready or at his best for February 5th.

Al Haymon 0, Team Green 1. Super Six World Boxing Classic, here we come.

And at the end of the day, make no mistake about it, neither Allan nor myself hold any ill will towards Showtime, quite to the contrary, words cannot express how thrilled we are to become a part of the Super Six World Boxing Classic. This is the opportunity of a lifetime, the opportunity Allan has been waiting for his whole life and he plans on making the most of it.

A big part of Showtime's job is to buy the best fights for the least money and Bika is a tough son of a gun, and as he's shown, a difficult out for anybody.

Allan and I are also pleased to have been in the lead on Lou DiBella's first behind the scenes victory over Al Haymon. It can't be easy for Louis to deal with Haymon's pressure tactics and control relating to Andre Berto, with whom, DiBella has no promotional contract.

Disclosure: ********** Publisher Greg Leon is Allan Green's boxing advisor.

Comment

Green is trash. He talks tought and the minute the fight doesn't go his way he gets disencouraged adn doesn't have a plan B.

He did horrible in the super six as a sub

Comment

Allan Green was the David Price of his day...and I don't mean the Boston Red Sox David Price.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          He is figthing on the Plant undercard this weekend against ahmed elbiali..

Any fans here?
          I was always more of a mikkel kessler fan

Comment

Working...
          X