Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the **** did Golovkin not go to war?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Why the f@ck did Canelo block jabs with his face all night?

I thought this kid was slick no?
    Cuz Canelos face was the one allowed all jacked up huh. LOL

Comment

Because "Mexican Style" doesn't work when the guy in front of you ain't a stublebum. He reverted back to the old soviet system of jab, jab, jab, straight right.

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
        Cuz Canelos face was the one allowed all jacked up huh. LOL
        Cos a busted up face means anything at all LOL.

Did you just start watching boxing this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          why isnt he allowed to box lol. all i ever hear is people calling him a crude caveman but when he fights off the backfoot (occasionally not all the time) and works behind the jab he gets crucified for not throwing wild haymakers with his chin in the air.
          Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          how did he land so many more shots than canelo then? oh wait i forgot solid jabs dont count as a scoring shot anymore
          Why does he have to?

I thought he boxed beautifully at times behind the jab, stepping in with combos and the pivoting round the corner to avoid counters.
          Yes he did, not denying, but that put the result in doubt. It was an either way fight.

Whereas in the build up they goaded Canelo continously, Golovkin and Sanchez literally said if he comes to fight he'll get knocked out. That is arrogance if not backed up. Everyone is trolling about Mexican style, but it's true! The guy gave you what you want, you are supposedly the biggest, baddest guy in world boxing, SO WHY do you decide to box and move? Surely the winning strategy was meeting him in the middle of the ring and blast him out like he did so many times before. Surely that gives him a conclusive W and puts this whole thing to bed.

I am not shaming the dude, but it makes no sense!!

Instead of getting defensive answer the question

Comment

Why does he have to?

I thought he boxed beautifully at times behind the jab, stepping in with combos and the pivoting round the corner to avoid counters.
            Because they talked so much ****. They talked non stop about Canelo running and not fighting mexican style. They said they wanted a toe to toe fight. Well they ****ing got it and they were the ones giving ground.

And I like GGG but they brought it to themselves all the criticism they getting.

Comment

He would have left himself open.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                Because they talked so much ****. They talked non stop about Canelo running and not fighting mexican style. They said they wanted a toe to toe fight. Well they ****ing got it and they were the ones giving ground.

And I like GGG but they brought it to themselves all the criticism they getting.
                In another world we are praising Golovkin for baiting Alvarez, getting him so wound up he tried to attack him at weigh in, having Alvarez go for broke in the ring, and then outboxing him to a close decision.

At the end of the day, all this stuff is just show. What happened in the ring is what counts. I though Golovkin won, I’m ok with Canelo getting the nod in a close one. This other stuff you guys go over all day just brings the sport down.

Comment

In another world we are praising Golovkin for baiting Alvarez, getting him so wound up he tried to attack him at weigh in, having Alvarez go for broke in the ring, and then outboxing him to a close decision.

At the end of the day, all this stuff is just show. What happened in the ring is what counts. I though Golovkin won, I’m ok with Canelo getting the nod in a close one. This other stuff you guys go over all day just brings the sport down.
                  No, it's not about bringing the sport down, it's a legit question. And don't try and make this into some kind of master plan from Team GGG. Abel has come out and said they knew he'd fight that way, they goaded him into it, and GGG didn't follow the game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    No, it's not about bringing the sport down, it's a legit question. And don't try and make this into some kind of master plan from Team GGG. Abel has come out and said they knew he'd fight that way, they goaded him into it, and GGG didn't follow the game plan.
                    Well maybe he adjusted?

Why does he have to fight a certain way? He was landing punches wasn’t he? Consistently snapping Canelos head back with jabs, uppercuts, landing his share of hooks, hurting Canelo as the fight went into the later rounds?

Isn’t that what’s important?

Seems like GG is being overly penalised because he didn’t fight the way you guys expected him to, but it really shouldn’t come into it at all. Round by round scoring is all that matters. No problem if you had Canelo winning, I had Golovkin, it was a seriously close fight with loads of swing rounds. But I’m not gonna sit here and take credit away because he boxed when I thought he would brawl.

Comment

Well maybe he adjusted?

Why does he have to fight a certain way? He was landing punches wasn’t he? Consistently snapping Canelos head back with jabs, uppercuts, landing his share of hooks, hurting Canelo as the fight went into the later rounds?

Isn’t that what’s important?

Seems like GG is being overly penalised because he didn’t fight the way you guys expected him to, but it really shouldn’t come into it at all. Round by round scoring is all that matters. No problem if you had Canelo winning, I had Golovkin, it was a seriously close fight with loads of swing rounds. But I’m not gonna sit here and take credit away because he boxed when I thought he would brawl.
                      Why would he adjust?

What do you think happens if he goes toe to toe?

Comment

Working...
                      X