Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Fears That it May Take a Death For Boxing To Tackle PEDs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cantona View Post
    To be fair he has spoke about fury with kugan Cassius. Fury was suspended for 2years without investigation or process by the BBBC then handed his licence back without being found guilty or otherwise. Clenelo fails 2 tests and gets 6 months I agree with Bellew that it will take a death but I think it would have to be a high profile fight or nothing will change.
    Fury tested positive for nandrolone putting forward the excuse of "tainted wild boar meat" and agreeing to backdated 2-year ban. This was negotiated after his uncle, the convicted drug dealer, threatened to bankrupt UKAD with legal fees.

Comment

He's right.

Ultimately, these types of things that make boxing inefficient are the reason that the sport is being challenged by UFC. They have a centralized government and can create standards how they see them.

Now, that doesn't mean UFC isn't full of drug cheats, but they could actually clean their sport if they wanted to because everybody works under the same umbrella with one guy (Dana White) calling all the shots.

Comment

You can't get the money fights without being the top guys, everyone's looking for that edge, and science just continues to allow for more undetectable drugs, while the agencies all have to try to play catch up

Comment

Does bellew realise his lover AJ is the biggest drug cheat in world sport? Or is he conveniently overlooking the obvious? Blinded by love probably.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Fury tested positive for nandrolone putting forward the excuse of "tainted wild boar meat" and agreeing to backdated 2-year ban. This was negotiated after his uncle, the convicted drug dealer, threatened to bankrupt UKAD with legal fees.
            Ukad are pathetic. Proven incompetent and ineffective.

Theres a good reason AJ loves them and doesn't want to leave the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
              Don't take me the wrong way I think they should both be banned from the sport for live. It just amazes me that one man can be left hanging in the wind for 2 years deliberately with no decision made and the other is given a quarter of the other man's punishment. The BBBC deserved to be fined for the way it was handled. If it had been AJ it would have been handled exactly the same as we see with Canelo now. Money talks far too loudly in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                Ukad are pathetic. Proven incompetent and ineffective.

Theres a good reason AJ loves them and doesn't want to leave the UK.
                On the money!

There is very little random drug testing done in UK boxing. Even less away from the fights, and virtually none apart from championship bouts.

Comment

Working...
                X