No announcement yet.

UFC fighter Josh Neer beats up internet bully

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaded View Post
    I used to love that show Bully Beat-Down with Jason "Mayhem" Miller. It was always funny to watch some wanna-be-tough guy with no actual fighting skills/training get in an MMA cage with a top-level MMA Pro and think he was going to last it out and win $10,000. only to realize 10 seconds later they were gassed and in way over their heads.
    a couple guys won

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
      I dont know if he would have grounds to sue, he wanted to fight and went into the guys gym as a willing participant.
      doesnt matter. the gym owner shouldnt have allowed that to happen. if the other guy doesnt get charge the gym owner would. and im not even trying to defend the dude that got whoop. but im against suing just because u got whoop and u asked for it too.

Comment

Fair enough, but shouldn't they have stopped this a wee bit earlier? It's not like he was going to defend himself in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Can't the dude sue or something? I would certainly try to.

Cha-chingggg
          Sue? You show up at the man's gym, you run your mouth and get your ass kicked. Yea, I don't think he has much of a case.

Lesson learned, stop being an internet tough guy or you will get your ass kicked by a pro.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
            That kick to the face when he was on the ground tho is a felony. He could catch some heat from that. At least in Cali it is. I know it's in a gym but it's also illegal in mma

it's not true that head kicks to a grounded opponent are illegal in MMA, or at least it wasn't when i was a relatively serious MMA watcher. they were legal in pride, for example. they're illegal in the UFC.

i'm really not sure on the legality of what he did, considering that it was a gym, and there's probably some kind of consent form being signed, the way you'd do with a sparring partner. our deontay wilder did this with zelenoff, if you recall. his manager wrote up a waiver form.

you can't just have a man sign a form and then kill him with elbows to the head. there's a threshold where this changes from a sport to a crime.

i have serious issues with the time taken for the "fight" to be stopped. somebody can get hurt or killed, particularly when a genuine professional fighter is fighting a novice.
            a gym owner or coach should see himself first as a steward as the fighters under his charge. your job is to protect them from unnecessary harm, and they didn't do that.

i also think this josh neer guy, and i haven't been an MMA fan for years, looks like he's not a top flight fighter. a top flight fighter doesn't do this. wilder is a perfect example. now that he's paper champion of the world, and the conqueror of our bermaine, he'll never put hands on charlie Z again.

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
              a couple guys won

i didn't watch the show, but were the guys who beat the professional fighter former wrestlers?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i'm really not sure on the legality of what he did, considering that it was a gym, and there's probably some kind of consent form being signed, the way you'd do with a sparring partner. our deontay wilder did this with zelenoff, if you recall. his manager wrote up a waiver form.
                Every MMA gym I ever trained at made people sign a waiver before they sparred. Some even made you sign one when you took a free intro class where there was no sparring. I'm pretty confident the gym owners in this case are not going to get sued.

Comment

it's not true that head kicks to a grounded opponent are illegal in MMA, or at least it wasn't when i was a relatively serious MMA watcher. they were legal in pride, for example. they're illegal in the UFC.

you can't just have a man sign a form and then kill him with elbows to the head. there's a threshold where this changes from a sport to a crime.

i have serious issues with the time taken for the "fight" to be stopped. somebody can get hurt or killed, particularly when a genuine professional fighter is fighting a novice.
                  a gym owner or coach should see himself first as a steward as the fighters under his charge. your job is to protect them from unnecessary harm, and they didn't do that.

i also think this josh neer guy, and i haven't been an MMA fan for years, looks like he's not a top flight fighter. a top flight fighter doesn't do this. wilder is a perfect example. now that he's paper champion of the world, and the conqueror of our bermaine, he'll never put hands on charlie Z again.

Maybe so. I don't follow MMA as a whole. But I know in ufc those kicks are illegal. But apparently this is under investigation and they are mentioning the "soccer kick" to the face. That's really the only thing that I saw wrong with it.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...ing-goes-viral

To this guys credit, he wants to do it again...

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/02/25...th-a-cheapshot

Comment

i didn't watch the show, but were the guys who beat the professional fighter former wrestlers?
                    just wondering how being a former wrestlers mean anything?? i thought bully beat down is a boxing match.?

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                      just wondering how being a former wrestlers mean anything?? i thought bully beat down is a boxing match.?

i thought it was an mma fight. mayhem miller was an mma fighter.

wrestling is the base for a lot of the styles you see in mma, particularly in the ufc where you cannot kick or knee a grounded opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X