This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
    First Ali never went to any hospital after the bout.

Secondly Ali only rested for two weeks in LA after the bout using ice packs to absolve any swelling.

Less than 3 months later he was in the ring against top rated Ken Norton.

Find any reference from that time that Ali was in “critical condition”.

Pacheco theorized decades later in one of his books on working with Ali that the kicks could lead to something serious but this would be true of any injury.

Why make **** up?
    Here Pacheco says Ali spent 2 weeks in hospital in LA:

http://tss.ib.tv/boxing/articles-of-...d-ali-s-career

Comment

• The complete video of Ali Cooper is on YouTube. There was no real delay. The time in between rounds was 66 seconds.

My error. I meant to write Ali did not go to the hospital in Japan. He went to the hospital in Sante Monica Ca. However there were no deep vein blood clots. Just superficial types requiring just ice packs and elevation. As follows:

“Blood clots around the knees of Muhammad Ali, the heavyweight boxing champion, were found to be superficial. Tests revealed superficial thrombi around both knees with no evidence of any deep vein thrombosis.”

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
        The complete video of Ali Cooper is on YouTube. There was no real delay. The time in between rounds was 66 seconds.

My error. I meant to write Ali did not go to the hospital in Japan. He went to the hospital in Sante Monica Ca. However there were no deep vein blood clots. Just superficial types requiring just ice packs and elevation. As follows:

“Blood clots around the knees of Muhammad Ali, the heavyweight boxing champion, were found to be superficial. Tests revealed superficial thrombi around both knees with no evidence of any deep vein thrombosis.”
        So 2 weeks in hospital for superficial damage?

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          So 2 weeks in hospital for superficial damage?

--- Mostly docs can quell the damage, but early when they're assessing the unknown is a critical watch over the patient.

In our no longer neutral net I cannot bring up his admission to a Tokyo hospital for a couple of days to stabilize him. News was couched in that Richard Nixon suffered from phlebitis as well.

I can no longer bring up the articles I wrote for ********* and Boxrec, but that don't mean I didn't write them. Newspapers tear, crumble an so on. Get broken links on breaking news all the time.

Anyway, someone's punch monkey calculated over 60 kicks by Inoki to 5 punches for Ali + a few takedowns by Inoki.

Ali collapsed in the arena elevator. Guaranteed Ferdie rushed him off to the hospital.

https://medium.com/thsppl/the-japane...g-409928af6b2f

Comment

• James Toney vs Mike McCallum, not sure which one of the fights this was though but great bout, Mike looked good too and man James Toney was slick and just displayed that beautiful, beautiful boxing of his so well. Very cool to watch

Comment

• I watched the late Rocky Lockridge against Barry Michael today. I wanted to watch his fight with Cornelius Boza-Edwards but I couldn't find the dvd.

Comment

• --- Win, lose or draw, Rocky aptly named and always dished out serious punishment.

We've lost a lot of fights on youtube these past 10 yrs as they crack down on rights claims. The Great A has only a pittance of vids left as perhaps the greatest loss.

Them were the days that couldn't last.

Comment

• Ezzard Charles vs Rocky Marciano I

Comment

• Last saw the Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury fight. Great fight.Fury won the fight for me. The way he came back from that 12th round knockdown though was worth the fee for the fight I paid to watch it on BT sport alone .

Comment

• Been watching the Barrera - Junior Jones fights, along with Pac - Morales and Pac - Barrera, just to enlighten myself on that era and refresh my memory of those fights and those times. It was an amazing time in retrospect, we didn't know what we were watching.

Comment

Working...
                      X