Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True Detective returns tonight who’s watching!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to watch the first episode. Just watched the season finale of Ray Donovan...that was a dope a$$ end to the season!

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      About to watch the first episode. Just watched the season finale of Ray Donovan...that was a dope a$$ end to the season!
      2 episodes tonight. Hope you don’t accidentally watch the second one

Comment

Got up to about halfway on the first episode. It's alright, like an opening feeling out round.

Most compelling character to me so far is Stephen Dorff's

Mahershala Ali is an extremely 1-dimensional actor lol, he has almost no range. He's basically the same exact person in every role he plays. You can see him struggling to bring up differentiations between his roles, but it's too forced, and he's still the same person.

Comment

Only watched the first ep. It was OK, nothing special. The Dorff character will probably do something interesting along the way. Wasn't keen on it being so influenced by the WM3 case, could see certain story elements coming before they happened.

Comment

So far so good. I hate waiting for the next one.

Comment

So far I love how all 3 seasons have that same look to them with the overhead shots and the car scenes. Classic True Detective vibe. Gonna watch ep 2 today.

Comment

Looks promising so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  Only watched the first ep. It was OK, nothing special. The Dorff character will probably do something interesting along the way. Wasn't keen on it being so influenced by the WM3 case, could see certain story elements coming before they happened.
                  Thanks for the WM3 reference. I was wondering why the crime sounded familiar

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                    Green k for saying what I was thinking.

Comment

Is it just me or is mahershala ali terrible in this lol

He doesn't feel like a real person. He doesn't feel like a real character.

He looks like a person who's obviously acting. Does anyone know what I mean? It takes me out of the immersion.

I've been following this guy ever since I seen luke cage, I was a fan at the beginning, and I've seen all his work, but the more I saw of him the more I noticed no matter who he plays, he acts exactly the same way.

Matthew Mcconoughey and Woody harrelson were spectacular in the first season because of how deep their characters drew you in. You felt like you were seeing inside their souls. Mahershala ali's acting is just so damn shallow to me. He has no range, he has no depth.

Comment

Working...
                      X