No announcement yet.

FAO: people who thought Canelo won the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    about the bolded, and like on saturday night i think that boxing has demonstrated time and again that it rewards the man displaying more gusto in an effort to win the fight and i'm good with that.

on a semi-related note, the bori's got handled on saturday night, christ man - verdejo's ascension isn't coming soon enough.
    Bori's did get handled but Verdejo is the truth. Can't wait to see this kid in big fights.

the shocking thing here in this thread though is that both cua and utep think that lara didn't win.
    In my defense, I don't think Canelo won either. Meaning, I scored it for Canelo because of aggression, but like I said in my original post, if it was a 115-113 final judge score for Lara, I wouldn't have been upset.

It was just incredibly hard to score and the fact that people are claiming CLEAR win for either guy to me shows that they are just biased.

Comment

i thought lara won 9 rounds i think as i was watching it
      , might have been 8

i have no desire to watch it again lol,

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Do you think either guy really did enough to warrant a CLEAR win?

Because for me, the answer is NO. Depending on what style you prefer will show your bias to the fight and fighter.

IMO it was a very close fight, and could have been a draw or split decision either way. The idea that it was clear for one guy or the other shows extreme bias.
        best take I've seen so far on the fight.

Comment

Bori's did get handled but Verdejo is the truth. Can't wait to see this kid in big fights.

In my defense, I don't think Canelo won either. Meaning, I scored it for Canelo because of aggression, but like I said in my original post, if it was a 115-113 final judge score for Lara, I wouldn't have been upset.

It was just incredibly hard to score and the fact that people are claiming CLEAR win for either guy to me shows that they are just biased.
          i agree with your take on it, a draw is what should have happened here. it was overall a very crappy fight, just awful and don't have any desire to see it again.

gimme canelo / cotto already.

Comment

I had it a draw, saw it in a theatre. Will download and watch again and post my score.

Comment

i agree with your take on it, a draw is what should have happened here. it was overall a very crappy fight, just awful and don't have any desire to see it again.

gimme canelo / cotto already.
              Damn man, that's a huge fight and style wise it's a winner. Canelo vs Cotto in Mexico City, Estadio Azteca...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

hahahaha what you think about that?

Comment

Damn man, that's a huge fight and style wise it's a winner. Canelo vs Cotto in Mexico City, Estadio Azteca...MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

hahahaha what you think about that?
                and then soon after the fight, canelo can take cotto up to the top of the teotihuacán pyramid, take his heart out after he places him on the alter and then throw his still warm corpse down and hold his head like a boss as the moon provides light, in typical mexican fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  iI have to point out that there is an The OFFICIAL LOUNGE FIGHT DISCUSSION thread where this could have went.

That being said, who I thought won?

Neither! I thought both lost. But those who paid for this one lost the most.
                  Wrong watch in juanma get blasted and give up was worth it

Comment

and then soon after the fight, canelo can take cotto up to the top of the teotihuacán pyramid, take his heart out after he places him on the alter and then throw his still warm corpse down and hold his head like a boss as the moon provides light, in typical mexican fashion.
                    I would definitely pay $69.99 to see that in HD.

Comment

I would definitely pay $69.99 to see that in HD.
                      you would literally and simultaneously, cream your pants and faint from the climax if that were to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X