Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best inside game at Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the best inside game at Heavyweight?

In general the standard is diabolical, im watching Pulev vs Chisora right now and its quite comical really when they get up close

But who is the best?

Fury can work a bit but i havent seen him do it at top level. AJ shows flashes against limited opp, Povetkin can work at mid range but if it gets too close he completely stops

Slim pickings

I think inside fighting is becoming a lost art in nearly all weight classes... excluding the very lightest ones where its almost the norm. It may be due to more and more fighters wanting to take less punishment, alongside the fact that American boxing judges have shifted the sport more towards winning rounds with pot-shotting and very few punches

Comment

Luis Ortiz.. see how he demolished Jennings? Damn!

Comment

Luis Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
          I think inside fighting is becoming a lost art in nearly all weight classes... excluding the very lightest ones where its almost the norm. It may be due to more and more fighters wanting to take less punishment, alongside the fact that American boxing judges have shifted the sport more towards winning rounds with pot-shotting and very few punches
          Luis Ortiz

end thread

Comment

Originally posted by S.O.G Ward View Post
            Luis Ortiz.. see how he demolished Jennings? Damn!
            Those uppercuts were nice tbf.

Has he shown much in other fights? Most of the work i see him do is on the outside

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              In general the standard is diabolical, im watching Pulev vs Chisora right now and its quite comical really when they get up close

But who is the best?

Fury can work a bit but i havent seen him do it at top level. AJ shows flashes against limited opp, Povetkin can work at mid range but if it gets too close he completely stops

Slim pickings
              Luis Ortiz is pretty good, those short inside uppercuts he landed on Jennings were beautiful. Parker also pretty good on the inside. Stiverne I guess also isn't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                It's definitely becoming a lost art. The point scoring approach that you mention is part of it. The near total lack of consequences for holding incessantly throughout a fight is another. It's hard work getting inside, only to have the ref take it all way from you by letting the other guy hold with no reprimand.

Comment

Fury and Povetkin and Luis Ortiz.

Comment

Chisora..Ortiz

Comment

Working...
                    X