Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMO, 1 major reason boxing has become less appealing is its not longer a FIGHT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMO, 1 major reason boxing has become less appealing is its not longer a FIGHT!!!

IMO, modern boxing has strayed away from fighting. I was just looking at pics of the upcoming but between Cuadras and Gonzlaez and these dudes looked like they were about to go out on a f'n lunchh date! Wtf? Were these dudes going to meet at the middle of a Dodger Dog? **** that! Boxing is a damn fight!!! The man across the ring should want to kick your ass and the feeling should be mutual. Save the lovey dovey **** for after the FIGHT!!! Boxing needs a bad ass that backs his **** up! Not some goof like GGG or guys that want to use "skill" to win by points. I know skills pay the bills, thats no **** but someone needs some skills that kick ass and have the demeanor to catch peoples eye!

Dont get me wrong I understand sportsmanship but this is fighting, win or lose your opponent should know they were in a scrap... Thoughts?
    Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 09-04-2016, 11:02 PM.

Manny always wanted to dine with your family

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      IMO, modern boxing has strayed away from fighting. I was just looking at pics of the upcoming but between Cuadras and Gonzlaez and these dudes looked like they were about to go out on a f'n lunchh date! Wtf? Were these dudes going to meet at the middle of a Dodger Dog? **** that! Boxing is a damn fight!!! The man across the ring should want to kick your ass and the feeling should be mutual. Save the lovey dovey **** for after the FIGHT!!! Boxing needs a bad ass that backs his **** up! No some goof like GGG or guys that want to use "skill" to win by points. I know skills pay the bills, thats no **** but someone needs some skills that kick ass and have the demeanor to cath peoples eye!

Dont get me wrong I understand sportsmanship but this is fighting, win or lose your opponent should know they were in a scrap... Thoughts?
      I don't care what boxers do outside the ring, Gatti and Ward were friends and look at those fights, i get some of your points, boxing today really lacks of showmen, there aren't many fighters out there like Leonard, Tyson, Louis, Dempsey, fighters who smelled blood and went for the kill, but they are some really good fighters who like to perform, Spence, Diaz, Golovkin, actually that's where i disagree with you, because people can hate on Golovkin about many things, but the man is a great performer.

Comment

People are going to watch a good fight regardless of the lead-up.

However, a scuffle can definitely ignite interest.

Example, McGregor-Diaz rematch conference were they started throwing Monster cans and water bottles at each other.

Comment

I hope Jessie Vargas isn't going to be all friendly with Pac and smiling during the weigh in

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
            I don't care what boxers do outside the ring, Gatti and Ward were friends and look at those fights, i get some of your points, boxing today really lacks of showmen, there aren't many fighters out there like Leonard, Tyson, Louis, Dempsey, fighters who smelled blood and went for the kill, but they are some really good fighters who like to perform, Spence, Diaz, Golovkin, actually that's where i disagree with you, because people can hate on Golovkin about many things, but the man is a great performer.
            I understand the Gatti vs Ward type stuff happens. Hell i know growiimg up sometimes friends throw blows but 1 things for certain 1 person leaves remembering they got their ass kicked. The respect will be there though...

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
              I hope Jessie Vargas isn't going to be all friendly with Pac and smiling during the weigh in
              I hope Vargas goes in there with a chip on his shoulder as the younger man going in to beat the old mans ass. I hope Cooper is is philosopizing this...

Comment

Working...
              X