Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Defending Pacquiao on Facebook? Or Defending Christianity From Manny?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nonito Donaire Defending Pacquiao on Facebook? Or Defending Christianity From Manny?

What is this guy trying to say?

Originally posted by Nonito Donaire View Post

I humbly pray that nobody takes the bible verse Pacquiao posted about "put to death gays" LITERALLY. Crazy people may use it as an encouragement to do so just like how others say rap music made them violent or how Islam extremists kill in the name of the their Holy war like Sept 11th.

From witchcraft to the Holocaust to the more recent ISIS...without compassion we will fall. Without love we will fall.

Coming from such a well respected devout Christian may make enraged individuals take righteous action in their minds. ‪#‎love‬ ‪#‎compassion‬

Interesting, i'm not sure. I would like to know this too. I was gonna say he's defending the bible and bashing Pac but then I see:

"Coming from such a well respected devout Christian" = Pacquiao, his comments?

"may make enraged individuals" = LBGT community, Nike, Magic Johnson, etc.?

"take righteous action in their minds." = They think they are taking good action in their minds by crucifying Pacquiao?

"#‎love‬ ‪#‎compassion‬" = Maybe he is telling everyone to show love and compassion towards eachother, including Pacquiao to LGBT, and Nike and everyone else for Pacquiao's "apologizing".

Comment

Then:

"I humbly pray that nobody takes the bible verse Pacquiao posted about "put to death gays" LITERALLY." = Pacquiao fans don't take this literally and start actually killing gays.

"Crazy people may use it as an encouragement to do so" = Maybe he is calling Pacquiao crazy?

"just like how others say rap music made them violent or how Islam extremists kill in the name of the their Holy war like Sept 11th." = If you read the bible literally, and follow exactly what it says, we would be a world full of hate and war. Nonito Donaire says to instead have love and compassion and don't take the verses in the bible literally.

Comment

"Coming from such a well respected devout Christian" = Pacquiao, his comments? He's very influential, he can influence people to go out there and start killing gays?

"may make enraged individuals" = Enraged religious people who take the bible literally.

"take righteous action in their minds." = They think they will do good by actually killing gays like the bible says. In their minds it's righteous because the bible says so.

Comment

Donaire makes an excellent point.

Simply put: He's saying that some crazy Christians who follow Pacquiao might go out and kill some gay people because it says to do so in that bible verse that Pacquiao posted. He's telling Pacquiao to be careful what he says because he is a huge global star that can influence people's actions.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Donaire makes an excellent point.

Simply put: He's saying that some crazy Christians who follow Pacquiao might go out and kill some gay people because it says to do so in that bible verse that Pacquiao posted. He's telling Pacquiao to be careful what he says because he is a huge global star that can influence people's actions.
            Yep, at second read that's what I got as well. He's telling Pacquiao to chill out because he is very influential and can convince people to do crazy stuff.

Comment

Wow, just wow!

Mentioning the holocaust in among real bad things that did happen in recent times and hundreds of years ago?
              I really don't know how to take that one, obviously some still believe in Santa Clause but in this case Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Yep, at second read that's what I got as well. He's telling Pacquiao to chill out because he is very influential and can convince people to do crazy stuff.

they can start with Kanye West...go get em, Christians!

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                  What is this guy trying to say?

the bible is filled with parables and symbolism...and mysteries....

i remember one guy seemed to question the six days of creation...etc, etc...

but whatever punishment is indicated in the bible in so many forms, the message is that Jesus came to the world not to condemn man, but to save man...

man has to repent though from his evil ways...and all is not lost...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Then:

"I humbly pray that nobody takes the bible verse Pacquiao posted about "put to death gays" LITERALLY." = Pacquiao fans don't take this literally and start actually killing gays.

"Crazy people may use it as an encouragement to do so" = Maybe he is calling Pacquiao crazy?

"just like how others say rap music made them violent or how Islam extremists kill in the name of the their Holy war like Sept 11th." = If you read the bible literally, and follow exactly what it says, we would be a world full of hate and war. Nonito Donaire says to instead have love and compassion and don't take the verses in the bible literally.
                    I'd put my money on the gays...

Comment

Working...
                    X